The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines – The country’s top diplomat, sent to strife-ridden areas and to deal with problematic friends like China, is also the richest in President Aquino’s official family.
A review of the Statement of Assets Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN) filed by Cabinet members showed Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario remains to be the richest while Education Secretary Armin Luistro is still the poorest.
Based on his SALN, Del Rosario's net worth last year stood at 657,834,755, a P30- million increase from his net worth in 2010.
Del Rosario previously served as president and/or chaiman of various firms, including Gutaoco-Del Rosario Insurance Brokers, Philippine Telecommunications Investment Corp., and Philippine Stratbase Consultancy.
Luistro’s net worth, on the other hand, increased to P739,006 from P285,123 in 2010.
Following is the list showing the net worth of Cabinet officials, from richest to poorest:
• Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima at P261,585,294
• Tourism Secretary Ramon Jimenez at P238,231,000
• Transportation and Communications Secretary Manuel Roxas at P183,107,369
• Trade and Industry Secretary Gregory Domingo at P153,102,000
• Energy Secretary Rene Almendras at P117,214,809
• Public Works and Highways Secretary Rogelio Singson at P84,154,190
• Health Secretary Enrique Ona at P80,786,666
• Science and Technology Secretary Mario Montejo at P55,584,596
• Commission on Higher Education (CHED) chief Patricia Licuanan at P48,908,936
• Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala at P40,939,568
• Chief presidential legal counsel Eduardo De Mesa at P34,793,650
• Budget Secretary Florencio Abad at P29,655,959
• Energy Secretary Ramon Paje at P29,300,000
• National Anti-Poverty Commission head Joel Rocamora at P25,379,119
• Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin at P23,505,542
• Metropolitan Manila Development Authority head Francis Tolentino at P22,540,381
• Presidential peace adviser Teresita Deles at P21,832,293
• Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. at P17,079,709
• Presidential Management Staff head Julia Abad at P16,800,000
• National Security Adviser Cesar Garcia at P15,600,000
• Presidential Communications Operations Office head Herminio Coloma at P14,740,000
• Agrarian Reform Secretary Virgilio delos Reyes at P14,255,692
• Mindanao Development Authority head Luwalhati Antonino at P14,095,000
• Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda at P13,760,536
• Presidential Legislative Liaison Office head Manuel Mamba at P13,155,000
• Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo at P9,067,000
• Communications Development head Ramon Carandang at P7,545,000
• Presidential political adviser Ronald Llamas at P5,017,800
• Justice Secretary Leila de Lima at P3,618,000
• Social Welfare chief Corazon Soliman at P3,000,000
• Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz at P924,206.47