The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines -- About 120 families in Barangay San Vicente and Building 21 of UP Bliss in Quezon City were left homeless after a fire struck Friday noon.
The Bureau of Fire Protection said an illegal power connection may have caused the fire, which broke out at 12:35 pm and damaged at least P3 million worth in property.
Most of the residents in San Vicente are informal settlers.
Witnesses said they saw tangled power cables outside one house in San Vicente throw off sparks before bursting into flames.
The fire quickly spread to the nearby UP Bliss Bldg. 21 and reached Task Force Alpha before it was put out at 1:45 pm.
This video, taken by Che Marty, was shared on Facebook right after the fire spread to UP Bliss. (With a report from Likha Cuevas-Miel, InterAksyon.com)