The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines - The Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) Executive Committee is expecting that the entries for this year's film festival "are worthy of international audience," Francis Tolentino, chairman of the committee, said on Saturday.
According to Tolentino, who is also chairman of the Metro Manila Development Authority, the MMFF panel has received a total of 14 entries for the 2012 festival.
“There was an overwhelming response from the producers. We are very happy that most of the country’s production companies wanted to join this year,” Tolentino said.
He said a lot of thought had been put in the scripts of this year's entries and most of the big stars of today such as Nora Aunor, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Judy Ann Santos, Bong Revilla, Vic Sotto, Dingdong Dantes, Kris Aquino, and Eugene Domingo, were included in the projects.
The MMFF is an annual film festival held every Christmas. Proceeds from the festival go to a number of beneficiaries in the film industry. Last year’s MMFF raised a record-breaking income of over P630 million.
Tye MMF panel accepted submissions from Center Stage Production, Scenema Concept International, Unitel Productions, ABS-CBN Productions, Cinemedia Films Production, Octoarts Films, M-ZET Productions, Imus Productions, APT Entertainment, GMA Netrwork Films, Quantum Films, Deus Lux Mea Films, and Regal Entertainment.
Producers were required to provide complete scripts along with the filmography of their movies. The scripts are now with the MMFF Screening Committee. The final eight entries will be announced on June 18, 2012.
Tye MMFF panel has included a New Wave Category for independent films and students short films. It was launched this year as a prelude the MMFF Sine-Phone, a cellphone movie making contest for high school and college students.