2 more bodies recovered from Palawan ferry sinking as relatives complain of slow response
The online news portal of TV5
(Update 1:42 p.m.) Two more bodies were recovered last week near an area in El Nido, Palawan where the MV Josille 2 sank, the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) in Mimaropa confirmed on Monday.
The two bodies, whose identities were not immediately available, were retrieved Sunday afternoon near Culion, Palawan, Director Eugene Cabrera said.
As of its last report, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said three more people were missing from the ill-fated passenger cargo vessel.
Only one more victim remains missing after the two bodies were recovered.
On the same day, relatives of the victims expressed disappointment over the slow response of both government and the Atienza Shipping Lines in providing assistance.
For its part, an employee of Atienza Shipping Lines, said the company is currently processing the financial assistance that will be given to the victims' families. The company is also sending a lawyer to Palawan to talk to them.
"Bibigyan po sila ng pinansiyal na tulong, lahat po ng pangangailangan nila. Talagang tutugunan po yan ng kumpanya po (We will give them all the financial help they need. The company will respond to it)," the employee explained.
On Sunday, Jessa Mae Estarija, 18, was the first victim laid to rest.
The burial of the other victims will take place this week, News5 reported.
The Philippine Coast Guard again searched the area but it proved unsuccessful. InterAksyon.com