Class suspensions due to rains, floods
Children take advantage of sudden floods in Roxasdistrict, Quezon City after afternoon classes was suspended due to continuous rains. (Bernard Testa/Interaksyon.com)
The online news portal of TV5
(UPDATE 5, 11:50 a.m.) MANILA, Philippines - Various Metro Manila mayors have suspended classes in public schools in their respective jurisdictions due to incessants rains that have already flooded many metro streets.
- Manila suspended afternoon classes in the city's public elementary and high schools.
- Earlier, Pasay and Paranaque also suspended classes in public elementary and high schools.
- Quezon City followed suit before noon, canceling classes from preschool to highschool in both public and private institutions.
- Both Cainta and Navotas had also suspended public and private school classes from preschool to highschool levels.
- Makati City ordered the suspension of classes in all levels in Barangays San. Antonio, Pio del Pilar, Singkamas, Sta. Cruz, and La Paz.
- Mandaluyong suspended afternoon classes in all public schools, from preschool to highschool levels.
- Marikina and Muntinglupa also canceled all classes at all levels, for both public and private schools.
- Meanwhile, the University of Sto. Tomas and UP Manila also suspended work and classes in their respective campuses.