The online news portal of TV5
LONDON - A woman admitted Friday using a brick to smash a window at "X Factor" creator Simon Cowell's London home before later being found inside one of his walk-in wardrobes.
Leanne Zaloumis, 30, was told she must not attempt to contact Cowell or go within 300 yards (274 meters) of his mansion in the city's plush Holland Park district after the attack in March this year.
The TV mogul was watching television in his bedroom when he heard a loud bang from his bathroom. The police were called and arrived at the house to find Zaloumis hiding in the wardrobe, a previous hearing heard.
Zaloumis, who is from London, admitted to breaking the window and possessing the brick with the intent to damage or destroy property. She pleaded not guilty to two other counts of affray and burglary.
Judge John Denniss granted Zaloumis bail until sentencing but she must remain at her home between 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. and wear an electronic tag.
She will be sentenced on August 2 but Denniss said that because she had already spent 102 days behind bars, she would not receive a jail sentence.
"This is sufficient punishment in my view," he said.
But he told Zaloumis that she would face a 12-month supervision order and would return to prison if she broke her bail conditions.
After the hearing, Cowell's spokesman, Max Clifford, said: "He is glad that the judge was understanding and sympathetic, and hopes that she gets some help and support."
Known for his acerbic criticism of lackluster talent show performers, Cowell claims to have worked with artists selling more than 180 million albums and more than 150 number one records.
Syco Entertainment, a joint venture between Cowell and Sony, owns the "X Factor" and "Got Talent" formats.
The mogul is scheduled to return as a judge for the second series of "The X Factor USA" in September.