TODAY'S HEADLINES

WATCH | Davao Death Squad existed and Mayor Rody gave cash rewards for killings - cop's confession 20-Feb-17, 10:51 AM | InterAksyon.com with reports from Ernie Reyes | Dale de Vera, News5

COMELEAK REDUX | NPC probing another large scale data breach at Comelec 20-Feb-17, 7:53 PM | Jose Bimbo F. Santos, InterAksyon

US$1,000 PAYOLA? | Andanar steps back after Senate reporters demand apology 20-Feb-17, 2:58 PM | Maricel Halili, News5 | InterAksyon.com

WATCH | 15 QC students killed, over 40 others hurt in bus mishap in Tanay, Rizal 20-Feb-17, 10:52 AM | InterAksyon.com | Rocel Lopez, News5

Oil firms to hike prices of gasoline, kerosene on Tuesday 20-Feb-17, 7:27 PM | InterAksyon.com

World

Royals to launch criminal complaint over Kate topless photos

InterAksyon.com
The online news portal of TV5

LONDON -- Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine are to lodge a criminal complaint in France over the taking and publication of topless photographs which appeared last week in a French magazine, a palace spokeswoman said Sunday.

"We can confirm that a criminal complaint is to be made to the French Prosecution Department tomorrow (Monday)," a St James's Palace spokeswoman said, adding that the action was in addition to civil proceedings against French magazine Closer.

"The complaint concerns the taking of photographs of the The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge whilst on holiday and the publication of those photographs in breach of their privacy," she said.

The spokeswoman said the royal couple want criminal charges to be made against the photographer who took the photos as well as the magazine which published them.

She said it would be up to French prosecutors to decide whether to investigate and pursue the complaint.

Earlier the Palace said it would seek an injunction at a court hearing in the Paris suburb of Nanterre on Monday to prevent further publication of the grainy paparazzi-style pictures before taking further civil action for damages.

In a fresh blow to the royal couple the images appeared again in Saturday's Irish Daily Star.

 

advertisement
OTHER WORLD STORIES
BREAKING NEWS