POEA opens online Balik-Manggagawa Appointment System
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration has opened an Internet-based facility that allows all vacationing overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) or Balik Manggagawa (BM) to set an appointment for the processing of their overseas employment certificates.
The free service can be availed of at http://bmappointment.poea.gov.ph/.
The site has a checklist of requirements (all original):
* Passport - valid at least 6 months from the date of departure
* Valid Work Visa / Work Permit or Equivalent Document
* Proof of Employment returning to same employer (e.g., Employment Contract, Certificate of Employment/Company ID/Pay slip)
It also has the list of fees that need to be paid:
* POEA Processing Fee, P100 per e-Receipt / OEC
* OWWA Membership Contribution, 25 USD (in peso equivalent) per contract coverage
* PhilHealth contribution, P1,200 one-year coverage
* Pag-IBIG contribution, P100 minimum amount per month