The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines -- The death toll and damage estimates from typhoon “Pablo” continued to climb more than 10 days after it made landfall over eastern Mindanao on December 4.
Saturday morning, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council reported a death toll of at least 955 as of Saturday morning, with 841 more still missing and 2,662 injured.
Damage to agriculture and infrastructure was estimated at P16.9 billion.
Only 573 of the dead have been identified so far.
Region 11 suffered the most casualties, with 897 deaths, the NDRRMC said.
The death toll in other regions:
The NDRRMC said Pablo had affected 591,090 families, or 5,782,730 people, in 2,136 villages in 271 towns and 38 cities of 32 provinces. Of these, 210,338 families, or 883,620 people, are still in 56 evacuation centers.
The NDRRMC breakdown of the damage caused by Pablo: P7,250,831,200 to infrastructure, P9,696,793,515.05 to agriculture, and P48,959,413 to private property.
The storm destroyed at least 62,927 houses were destroyed and damaged 95,402 others.
Twelve bridges and four roads remain impassable and full power has yet to be restored to 33 areas.