Grace Poe enters 'Magic 12' for Senate race - SWS
The online news portal of TV5
Grace Poe-Llamanzares, the former MTRCB chairperson and the daughter of the late action star Fernando Poe Jr., has entered the so-called 'Magic 12' of candidates running for senator, a recent survey by polling firm Social Weather Stations (SWS) says.
Survey results made exclusive to BusinessWorld have Llamanzares pushing former senator Richard Gordon out of the Top 12 slots. Gordon fell to 14th place, two slots below his showing in a December 2012 survey.
Llamanzares ranked 10th to 11th in the recent survey; 45 percent of the respondents said they were inclined to vote for her in the coming midterm elections.
The January 17 to 19 SWS survey showed no change in the top three senatorial preferences among voters. Senator Loren Legarda stayed at the top spot, securing approval from 65 percent of the respondents. She was followed by Senator Francis Escudero (62 percent) and Senator Alan Peter Cayetano (60 percent).
San Juan Representative Joseph Victor "JV" Ejercito climbed to the 4th spot from his 5th placing last December.
Rounding out the latest 'Magic 12' were:
- 5th to 6th - Senators Gregorio "Gringo" Honasan and Aquilino Martin "Koko" Pimentel III, 48 percent
- 7th - former Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri with 47 percent
- 8th to 9th - former Las PiÃ±as representative Cynthia Villar and Cagayan Rep. Jack Enrile, 46 percent
- 10th to 11th - aside from Llamanzares also includes Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, 45 percent
- 12th - Maria Lourdes Nancy Binay, 43 percent
Aurora Representative Sonny Angara was ranked 13th.
The SWS survey was conducted among 1,200 registered voters. The SWS said the poll had error
margins of Â±3 percent for national and Â±6 percent for area percentages.