TODAY'S HEADLINES

Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks

NGCP to replace Panay Island transmission line

MMDA suspends number coding from Wednesday to Good Friday

TRAVEL WARNING | Brace for the summer heat 'inside' NAIA 1

After 2 months, ‘Pablo’ victims finally get paid for work on DSWD program

InterAksyon.com
The online news portal of TV5

MANILA, Philippines - Finally, men folk who cleaned the mess left by Typhoon “Pablo” in December last year in Baganga, Davao Oriental, were able to receive payment after waiting for two long months after rendering work for the cash-for-work program of the DSWD.

A total of 268 persons had toiled for P226 per day for the cash-for-work program that was aimed at helping victims of the typhoon to move on and reconstruct their houses. 

Noel Ong, one of those who worked for 10 days, said he could only wait to be paid P2,260 for his efforts.

Even the appeal by Roy Nazareno, chairman of Barangay Mahan-ub, to the local DSWD was not enough as they were told that the release of the funds would come from the regional office of DSWD.

Priscila Razon, regional director of DSWD XI, admitted that funds were not immediately released because of problems in documentation.

So with the intercession of News5, some action was taken and funds were finally released to the workers.

Related Stories:
RELATED ARTICLES  
OTHER NATIONAL STORIES  
BREAKING NEWS