Comelec OKs re-clustering of 20 precincts to 3 barangays in Maguindanao
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines â The Commission on Election (Comelec) has allowed the re-clustering of 20 precincts in seven barangays to three other barangays in the municipality of Datu Salibo, Maguindanao to maximize the utilization of election equipments, machines and paraphernalias in the conduct of the May 13, 2013 national and local polls.
Commission chairman Sixto Brillantes said the Comelec en bancÂ had approved the re-clustering through the recent issuance of Resolution No. 9624 "as an exception to the general guidelines provided under Resolution No. 9652."Â
Below are the barangays with their total number of voters that will be transferred to another barangay:Â
- Barangay Buayan (55 voters); Barangay Liong (10 voters); and Barangay Damabalas (31 voters) to Barangay Andavit with 419 registered voters - (now with 515 total number of registered voters);
- Barangay Alonganan (30 voters); Barangay Duaminanga (66 voters), and BarangayÂ Magaslong (108 voters) to Barangay Pandi (365 voters) - (now with 569 total number of registered voters), and;
- Barangay Masigay with on two voters were transferred to Barangay Tee (604 voters) - (606 total number of registered voters).
Brillantes said the exemption granted to Datu Salibo, Maguindanao, shall be applicable to other areas similarly situated outside of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao provide that they have the following qualifications:
- The established precincts to be clustered/grouped belong to the same municipality/city;
- The precincts to be clustered/grouped have less than one hundred registered voters;
- The voting center of the precinct to be clustered is the same; and
- The aggregate number of registered voters after clustering does not exceed 1,000