CA freezes bank accounts of Napoles, kin, JLN firm, on request of AMLC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines - The Court of Appeals froze on Friday all the bank accounts of suspected pork barrel-scam brains Janet Lim-Napoles, her family, staff and of her company JLN Corporation, according to Justice Secretary Leila De Lima.
The appellate court issued the freeze order upon request of the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC). The freeze was issued just hours after Napoles through counsel also ran to the CA for relief in a separate case - this time to stop enforcement of a Makati court's order for her arrest, on a case of serious illegal detention filed by her ex-aide Benhur Luy, the prime whistleblower of the Justice department in the investigation on the pork barrel misuse.
De Lima said in a text message to reporters: "Acting on the Petition filed by AMLC thru OSG, a Freeze Order was issued today by CA covering the accounts and related web of accounts of Janet Lim Napoles, family members, other relatives and staff, as well as those of the NGOs identified with JLN."
The freeze order is effective for 6 months.
Covered by freeze order are the following accounts at:
2. BDO-Unibank Inc;
3. BDO Elite Savings Bank Inc; Citibank,NA;
4. Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corp;
5. HSBC Savings Bank (Phils) Inc: Land Bank of the Philippines-Greenhills;
6. Metrobank Card Corp;
7. Metropolitan Bank;
8. United Coconut Planters Bank;
9. Air Material Wing SLA Inc;
10. Insular Life Assurance Co Ltd;
11. Philippine AXA Life Insurance Corp;
12. Philippine American Life & General Insurance Co Inc;
13. Philippine American Life and General Insurance Co Inc;
14. Sun Life of America
Also covered by the freeze order are the accounts of:
1. Jo Christine Napoles,
2. Jaime Garcia Napoles
3. James Christopher Lim-Napoles
4. Jean/Jane Catherine Lim-Napoles
5. John Christian Lim-Napoles
6. Reynald Lim
7. Ronald Francisco Lim
8. Arthur Luy
9. Benhur Luy
10. Gertrudes Luy
11. Merlina Sunas
12. Evelyn Ditchon De Leon
13. Marina Sula
14. Simonette Briones
15. Rosita Kawson Co
16. Ma. Winnie/Winnie M. Villanueva
17. Abundant Harvest for People's Foundation Inc.
18. Agrikultura para sa Magbubukid Foundation
19. Agri & Economic Program for Farmers Foundation Inc.
20. Bukirin Tanglaw Foundation
21. Countrywide Agri & Rural Economic/Devt (cared) Foundation Inc,
22. Ginintuang Alay sa Magsasaka Foundation
23. Gintong Pangkabuhayan Foundation
24. Karangyaan para sa Magbubukid Foundation Inc.
25. Kasaganahan para sa Magsasaka Foundation
26. Kaupdanan para sa Mangunguma Foundation Inc.,
27. Masaganang Ani para sa Magsasaka/Masaganang Ani para sa Magsasaka Foundation (MAMF) Inc.
28. Masaganang Buhay Foundation
29. Micro-agri Business Citizens Initiative Foundation
30. Pangkabuhayan Foundation Inc.
31. People's Organization for Progress Devt. Foundation Inc.
32. Philippine Agri & Social Economic Devt. Foundation Inc.
33. Philippine Social Devt. Foundation Inc.
34. Saganang Buhay sa atin Foundation/Saganang Buhay Para sa atin Foundation
35. Smile Foundation Inc.
36. Social Devt Program for Farmers Foundation
37. Tanglaw para sa Magsasaka Foundation Inc,
38. JCLN Global Properties Devt. Corp
39. JCLN Real Estate Consortium Inc.
40. JLN Construction & Devt. Corp.
41. JLN Corp
42. Jo-Chris Trading
43. ZNAC Rubber Estate Corp. (ZREC)