MEMES | Yolanda 'like a wrecking ball', but Pinoys find strength in bayanihan - and Atom Araullo
The online news portal of TV5
Filipinos were reeling from supertyphoon Friday, and on Saturday were still trying to fathom the extent of its devastation. Amidst the still unfolding tragedy, however, netizens were generating memes invoking the "waterproof Filipino spirit", and, sounding the clarion call to help the millions affected by the typhoon.
As always, they did so with their unflappable sense of humor. Miley Cyrus provided some comic relief, as did "pork barrel queen" Janet Lim-Napoles ... and ABS-CBN reporter Atom Araullo, whose video reportage went viral on Saturday.
But what was most pervasive were calls to begin #ReliefPH efforts for the Visayas region.
Below, we've Storified the memes that have been dominating Filipinos netizens' feeds all of Saturday:
- Business confidence more bullish for Q2 2016: BSP survey 2 hours ago
- Severe turbulence hits Philippines-Bahrain flight 2 hours ago
- Radar images reveal Mars is coming out of an ice age 3 hours ago
- Ban Ki-moon disappointed by UN panel decision to bar press freedom watchdog 3 hours ago
- Duterte changes mind, won’t give DENR top post to progressive left 3 hours ago
- North Korea threatens retaliation after South Korea fired warning shots 4 hours ago
- Pregnant women with Zika have up to 13% risk of having baby with microcephaly 4 hours ago
- 100,000 Syrians trapped as IS advances near Turkish border 5 hours ago
- Australia eyes talks with PAL for direct Manila-Adelaide flights 5 hours ago
- G7 told to act on antibiotics as dreaded superbug hits US 6 hours ago
- Marcos lawyer to Robredo: Congratulations, but… 6 hours ago
- GOOD TIMING | Robredo wins VP race on late husband's birthday 6 hours ago
- Singapore charges six Bangladeshis with terror financing 7 hours ago
- WATCH | How did Congress manage to pull off fastest canvass in PH history? 7 hours ago
- Rights groups fear rise in extra-judicial killings under Duterte rule 8 hours ago