President Aquino off to Tacloban, Capiz to oversee 'Yolanda' relief efforts
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA -- President Benigno Aquino III flew to Tacloban City, Leyte Sunday morning to visit the victims of super typhoon Yolanda and to oversee rescue, relief, and rehabilitation efforts.
In a media advisory sent by the Presidential Communications Operations Office, Aquino left at 8:40 a.m. from the Villamor Air Base.
In Tacloban, the President will distribute relief goods and afterwards will be briefed by local officials and Cabinet secretaries on the disaster operations.
Tacloban is reported to be one of the hardest-hit areas by Yolanda.
After his visit in Tacloban, he will proceed to Barangay Culasi in Roxas City, Capiz also to distribute relief goods.
He will also meet with local officials at the Capiz Provincial Capitol.
Seven Cabinet members accompanied the President: Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin, Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas, Social Welfare and Development Secretary Dinky Soliman, Public Works and Highways Secretary Rogelio Singson, Energy Secretary Jericho Petilla, Transportation and Communication Secretary Emilio Abaya, and Cabinet Secretary Rene Almendras.
- Islamic State turns to selling fish, cars to offset oil income losses: report 4 hours ago
- Duterte open to 'toning down' Constitution to accommodate foreign investors 5 hours ago
- Biz groups lament populist, simplistic stance vs contractualization, say it'll hurt bottomlines 5 hours ago
- Pacquiao shocked at PNoy statement on Abu Sayyaf kidnap plot 5 hours ago
- Air strikes on Aleppo hospital in Syria kill 27, UN declares catastrophe 6 hours ago
- Indonesia to host talks on joint maritime patrols with PH, Malaysia after Abu Sayyaf kidnappings 7 hours ago
- WITH VIDEO | Duterte admits having a BPI account but denies he has millions 8 hours ago
- SSS opens loan restructuring for calamity-hit members 8 hours ago
- VIDEO | Comelec mulls transfer of voters in bombed schools to other polling precincts 8 hours ago
- Senate staff prepare for post Election Day tasks 8 hours ago
- WITH VIDEO | Poe attacks Duterte's violent style of governance 8 hours ago
- Roxas camp verifies existence of Duterte BPI account by making a deposit 8 hours ago
- North Korea rushes to re-test intermediate missile, fails again: South Korea 9 hours ago
- Sandiganbayan asked to reconsider Lanete bail in PDAF mess 10 hours ago
- 2nd Korean Zika case reported 10 hours ago