CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- Mar, Poe urged to give way to each other to thwart Duterte win 21 minutes ago
- Jail no barrier to a political career in the Philippines 26 minutes ago
- VIDEO | Nurse to sue FX 'bully' 45 minutes ago
- Indonesian, Philippine foreign ministers hold bilateral talks 49 minutes ago
- For first time, scientists grow two-week-old human embryos in lab 2 hours ago
- NGCP: No brownout before, during, after Monday polls 2 hours ago
- Pacific castaways survive 4 weeks adrift 2 hours ago
- President signs into law comprehensive TB elimination plan 2 hours ago
- Retrial of ex-dictator of Guatemala for 1,771 murders suspended 3 hours ago
- Senate victors might begin to be proclaimed 3 days after polls - Comelec 3 hours ago
- SC allows 4-day dental procedure for Arroyo 3 hours ago
- Former Shariff Aguak mayor granted bail on murder raps 3 hours ago
- 80,000 in Canada flee 'catastrophic wildfires' 4 hours ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY | Parts of Tondo, Divisoria streets closed due to Erap miting de avance today 4 hours ago
- Duterte's crime busting wooed business to Davao, supporters maintain 4 hours ago