CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- DFA chief to Asean: Take a stand on China's massive reclamation work in West PH Sea 42 minutes ago
- Ombudsman indicts five public school officials over misuse of funds 2 hours ago
- To remove any hint of bias, groups call for formation of independent body to probe Mamasapano clash 3 hours ago
- Philippines' chief economist warns peace dividend at risk after deadly clash with MILF 3 hours ago
- Mitsubishi Motors begins production at Ford's former Philippine plant 3 hours ago
- CA affirms life term for Pasig shabu 'tiangge' operator Boratong, wife 3 hours ago
- Ecozone investments seen picking up this year 4 hours ago
- AirAsia brings back Manila-Davao flights, offers seat sale 4 hours ago
- Senate-Binay tension pits Marcos-era human rights lawyers vs scion of democracy champs 4 hours ago
- Deadline of bids for first phase of Central Luzon Link Expressway pushed back 4 hours ago
- Bucor to thaw visitation freeze at Bilibid 4 hours ago
- WEEKEND TRAFFIC ALERT | Manila Water to repair southbound lane of Edsa in Makati 5 hours ago
- TUCP seeks P136 hike in Metro Manila daily minimum wage 5 hours ago
- Power grid operator bags regulatory clearance for new transmission facility in Western Visayas 5 hours ago
- Tokyo fireworks spark Shu Uemura’s new Metal:ink makeup for Spring/Summer 2015 5 hours ago