CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- PRE-SONA BUZZ | Lawmakers smell possible move by House majority to railroad minority leadership 1 hour ago
- THAT POKEMON THING | US reporter called out at presser for playing 3 hours ago
- 2 suspected drug pushers gunned down in Tarlac shootout 5 hours ago
- SCENE | Panic and terror in Munich shooting rampage 7 hours ago
- White supremacist David Duke launches US Senate bid 8 hours ago
- MARIE YUVIENCO | Blindspot 9 hours ago
- Duterte inaugurates biomass power plant in Maguindanao 9 hours ago
- Clark braces for alternative gateway role amid worsening air traffic congestion at NAIA 9 hours ago
- GMA victory in SC draws mixed reactions from businessmen 11 hours ago
- IS uses civilians as human shields in Syrian city: coalition 11 hours ago
- Court of Appeals junks Globe's plea to stop PCC review of SMC deal 12 hours ago
- Several dead in Munich shopping center shooting: police 17 hours ago
- WATCH | Duterte junks claims gov't fight vs drugs only getting 'small fish' 18 hours ago
- Peso ends week sideways vs US dollar amid drop in US initial jobless claims 20 hours ago
- WATCH | Chinese coastguard buzz Filipino fishermen off Panatag Shoal 20 hours ago