CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- Puerto Princesa to develop Hundred Caves as eco-tourism site 53 minutes ago
- Bolivian ex-officers ordered to pay massacre victims 2 hours ago
- 10 Cebu mayors seek close-in police security 2 hours ago
- Scientists find possible new layer at Earth's core 2 hours ago
- US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dies at 79: Texas governor 3 hours ago
- His pal shot dead, Binay vows some serious crimefighting; to name Honasan anti-crime czar 10 hours ago
- World has slipped into 'new Cold War': Russian PM 11 hours ago
- Lauro Vizconde passes away after series of heart attacks 15 hours ago
- Death toll at collapsed Taiwan building reaches 114; rescue efforts end 15 hours ago
- Miriam-Marcos tandem unfurls senatorial line up 16 hours ago
- After 1,000-year split, pope and Russian patriarch embrace in Cuba 16 hours ago
- 'HYPER-TERRORISM' | French PM: More major attacks in Europe 'a certainty' 16 hours ago
- Chinoys express concern over possible upsurge of kidnappings during election season 17 hours ago
- WATCH | Care and Cure: Engineering the future of diabetes treatment 17 hours ago
- Road construction starts for Catbalogan's Sky City, wind energy tower 18 hours ago