CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- G Liner bus company taps PLDT for GPS monitoring devices 7 hours from now
- Philippines to halt sugar exports amid strong domestic demand 6 hours from now
- Peso trades sideways at close of week 6 hours from now
- Nine Benguet landslide victims still missing 6 hours from now
- Bidders for output of Steag-Aboitiz plant in Misamis Oriental down to 6 6 hours from now
- DOJ defers preliminary probe on Binay libel complaint vs Trillanes 5 hours from now
- Atlas Mining back in black in second quarter 5 hours from now
- Philippine stock index closes week near 7,100 5 hours from now
- Business confidence cools in third quarter 4 hours from now
- Bank lending sustains growth at start of third quarter 4 hours from now
- NLRC commissioner indicted over P100,000 solicitation 3 hours from now
- LTO sets up driver's license renewal offices at Robinsons malls 3 hours from now
- Comelec, Smartmatic firm up contract for 23,000 OMRs; eye source code contract 1 hour from now
- Can a traffic czar solve the mess? Expanded PNR trains, ferries also pushed 38 minutes from now
- COCKTALES | Villar, Razon, Co buy back shares as investors rush to exit 33 minutes from now