CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- Muntinlupa RTC 204 issues warrant of arrest for De Lima, Dayan, Ragos 1 hour ago
- Matching session touts opportunities for both Japan, PH businesses 3 hours ago
- Civilians were with cops who planted shabu during drug raid - IAS 3 hours ago
- Chinese commerce minister abruptly postpones PH trip: sources 3 hours ago
- Funeral parlor owner mum on who ordered disposal of Korean’s ashes 3 hours ago
- Surigao airport opened for commercial turbo prop operations 5 hours ago
- ‘Me seditious? Arrest your boss and yourself first’ - De Lima to Aguirre 5 hours ago
- Japan’s crown prince ready to be emperor, will model self after Akihito 5 hours ago
- North Korea blames Malaysia for assassination of Kim half-brother 6 hours ago
- Robredo backs Senate probe of Lascanas, urges Duterte to 'cooperate' 6 hours ago
- Twin quakes shake Davao City, Compostela Valley 7 hours ago
- In wake of Lascanas revelations, media group urges probe of Pala slay 8 hours ago
- House seen casting second reading vote on death penalty bill next week 8 hours ago
- Trump govt revokes landmark guidelines on transgender bathrooms 8 hours ago
- White House pushes back release of new immigration order to next week 9 hours ago