CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360Â° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- Russian woman accidentally shoots herself while taking selfie 6 hours from now
- Clinton emails show concern about image after Benghazi 6 hours from now
- SPECIAL REPORT | Islamic State expands its 'state' 5 hours from now
- Sinaloa drug cartel leader 'Chino Antrax' pleads guilty 4 hours from now
- Antarctic glaciers once thought stable now thawing fast - study 4 hours from now
- Global refugee crises will hinder resettlement of Asian 'boat people': UNHCR 4 hours from now
- ARMM ready to accept Rohingya migrants, boat people: Hataman 3 hours from now
- Eiffel Tower shuts briefly after staff walk out over surge of pickpockets 3 hours from now
- VIDEO | Philhealth probes two eye clinics in Makati, QC for suspicious spike in claims 2 hours from now
- Manila keeps diplomatic tack in West PHL Sea, but concedes higher risks of tension 2 hours from now
- China says US actions in South China Sea 'irresponsible, dangerous' 2 hours from now
- APEC Trade ministers to work on adoption of Boracay action agenda to globalize micro, small firms 1 hour from now
- BDO ADVISORY | No banking service three hours Sunday morning, May 24 owing to maintenance job 1 hour from now
- DNA test results confirm remains belonged to Basit Usman 1 hour from now
- Suicide bomber kills 21 at Saudi Shi'ite mosque, Islamic State claims attack 24 minutes from now