CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- At least 30 dead in 'terrorist' attack on Ankara peace rally 8 hours from now
- Bongbong officially declares quest for VP post 7 hours from now
- N.Korea leader says forces can 'fight any war' with US 6 hours from now
- DBM insists lump-sum appropriations no longer in 2016 budget 6 hours from now
- Robinsons Malls adjudged a PWD-friendly mall 5 hours from now
- With Russian escalation in Syria, West should give up on toppling Assad - analysts 5 hours from now
- More transparency on controversial TPP urged 5 hours from now
- Passage of copycat bills for sale, privatization of coco levy assets scored 4 hours from now
- Young illegal recruiter nabbed in Mandaluyong sting 4 hours from now
- Bloomberry to turn Quezon City property into mixed-use devt 4 hours from now
- UN OKs military action vs human traffickers as new migrant surge hits Greece 3 hours from now
- Chinese slowdown would hit Asia-Pacific region hard -- IMF 3 hours from now
- WEEKEND CHEF | Chef Claude Tayag revamps Pampanga's iconic 'sisig' as a tasty terrine 3 hours from now
- Suspect in Italian ex-priest's kidnapping arrested as cops identify gang leader 3 hours from now
- Lumad deprived of state protection - UN refugee agency 2 hours from now