CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- Protesters gather at America's biggest shopping mall 5 minutes ago
- Pope's Latin American brain trust was behind Cuba deal 23 minutes ago
- A series of tremors has Florence concerned for its 'David' 1 hour ago
- REFLECTION | Announcement of Jesus’ birth: ‘Prepare to receive Him with joy’ 1 hour ago
- 2 New York police officers 'executed' in Brooklyn 2 hours ago
- OPINION | Why oil could drop as low as $20 per barrel 3 hours ago
- Raul Castro hails removal of "obstacle" in US-Cuba relations 6 hours ago
- Four Afghan Guantanamo detainees repatriated: Pentagon 7 hours ago
- Israeli aircraft hit Gaza for first time since August 7 hours ago
- North Korea proposes joint probe with US into Sony cyber attack 8 hours ago
- Putin says no one can 'intimidate or isolate' Russia 8 hours ago
- Scientists locate 'internal compass' in the brain 9 hours ago
- Colombia rebels begin indefinite, unilateral ceasefire 9 hours ago
- Sale of Napocor's real estate assets slated for 2015 9 hours ago
- IS has executed 100 foreigners trying to quit: report 10 hours ago