CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360Â° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- With IS rising, West ponders if Syria's Assad is 'lesser evil' 5 hours from now
- VIDEO | The real casualties of war : IDPs of Mindanao 5 hours from now
- TILL DEATH DO US PART... | California couple, married 67 years, die holding hands 4 hours from now
- China censorship sweep deletes more than 60,000 Internet accounts 4 hours from now
- Boy, 3, shoots himself dead in US 3 hours from now
- Indigenous people join calls for PNoy to quit 3 hours from now
- Kurds wrest Syrian town from IS 3 hours from now
- 'Drive-by egg' knocks US woman unconscious 2 hours from now
- Mexico captures Knights Templar drug cartel leader 2 hours from now
- 10 more Abu Sayyaf slain in Sulu fighting 2 hours from now
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow 1 hour from now
- 'VISITA DE GUERRA' | Take a tour - and selfies - in Manila WWII sites, and win in more ways than one 17 minutes ago
- 300 Dagupan urban poor residents victimized by lending scam 1 hour ago
- Colorado sold 17 tons of retail marijuana in first legal year 2 hours ago
- Draft Chinese law paves way for counter-terror operations abroad 3 hours ago