CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- Overcharged cellphone explodes, causes fire in Masbate 35 minutes ago
- 1,502 rabies cases in Baguio City in Q1 2016 1 hour ago
- History professor Johannesson claims victory in Iceland presidential vote 2 hours ago
- LPA to bring rains on Sunday 2 hours ago
- Pope Francis names Filipino priest as new bishop of Saipan 3 hours ago
- Taiwan airline to return normal as flight attendants end strike 4 hours ago
- Belgian to head EU Brexit task force 9 hours ago
- China, Russia eye closer friendship amid tensions with West 10 hours ago
- Europe demands quick divorce from divided Britain 10 hours ago
- 'Massive explosion', attack under way at Mogadishu hotel 11 hours ago
- Big US companies weigh risks from Brexit 11 hours ago
- Three vehicular mishaps in Benguet within 24 hrs 12 hours ago
- Malacañang assures economy strong enough against Brexit buffeting 12 hours ago
- 1.5 million sign UK petition for second EU vote 12 hours ago
- Intel report claims Indonesian crew held by Sulu-based ASG 13 hours ago