CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- ENGINE FIRE | 300 passengers evacuated from Korean Air plane at Tokyo airport 3 hours ago
- Marcos lawyer demands Smartmatic explanation over 'discrepancies' in COC transmission 3 hours ago
- SC to tackle Arroyo's house arrest bid next week 4 hours ago
- Duterte to face early test over food security 4 hours ago
- NGCP sets 9-hour power interruption in Isabela Saturday 4 hours ago
- 2 women PNP officials fired, charged over alleged medical scam 5 hours ago
- South Korea fires warning shots after boats from North cross sea border 5 hours ago
- Duterte urged to review defense pacts with US on VFA 17th anniversary 5 hours ago
- G7 'concerned' by situation in East, South China seas 6 hours ago
- 4 drug suspects killed in Bulacan shootout 6 hours ago
- Manila gets plant that treats water from estero, wet market 7 hours ago
- Reelected Negros Occidental mayor dies 7 hours ago
- From hardy pigs to super-crops, gene editing poses new EU dilemma 8 hours ago
- PNoy accuses China of breaking US-brokered deal on South China Sea outcrop 8 hours ago
- Turkish goodwill ambassador quits UNESCO to protest 'hypocrisy' 8 hours ago