CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- 2 gunmen slain, 3 soldiers hurt in Maguindanao clash 9 minutes ago
- PAL, CebuPac cancel flights 31 minutes ago
- FOCUS | Online sharing a treasure trove for snoops 1 hour ago
- ANALYSIS | US has few good options responding to Duterte 1 hour ago
- In US, 'walking while trans' can be a death sentence 1 hour ago
- Saudi-led coalition violated humanitarian law with double air strike in Yemen - UN 2 hours ago
- WATCH | ‘Lawin’ claims 6 lives in Benguet 6 hours ago
- WATCH | Supertyphoon ‘Lawin’ leaves trail of destruction in its wake 6 hours ago
- Folks along Agno River forced to evacuate after San Roque Dam releases excess water 6 hours ago
- China commits more than US$9B for Philippine development, drug rehab 7 hours ago
- Japan apologizes anew to Filipinos over World War II atrocities 7 hours ago
- Did it crash or land? Search on for Europe's Mars craft 7 hours ago
- FOCUS | Duterte's China trip can help boost the new Maritime Silk Road in the region 8 hours ago
- China lifts travel advisories against Philippines 9 hours ago
- WATCH | Duterte, Xi agree to pursue bilateral talks to settle WPS dispute 10 hours ago