CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- Govt rules out reparations for Maguindanao massacre victims' kin 32 minutes ago
- Francis Libiran steps up to design first footwear collection for Havaianas 1 hour ago
- WEEKEND GUIDE | Nov. 21 to 23: Bazaars, film festivals, and musicals 1 hour ago
- Philippines bans some foreign journalists over APEC Bali incident 2 hours ago
- AFP chief Catapang visits WHO for briefing on Ebola, amid furor over Caballo island trip 2 hours ago
- China rate cut, European stimulus hints lift markets 2 hours ago
- Maguindanao massacre could be subject of an ICC case - global press body official 3 hours ago
- Sulu Sea to retain its name upon creation of Bangsamoro - peace panel chair Ferrer 3 hours ago
- Why is 'El Presidente' Mon Fernandez selling historic Toyota MVP jersey? 4 hours ago
- UN presses Myanmar over Rohingya rights 5 hours ago
- Northeast monsoon brings light rains over extreme N. Luzon 5 hours ago
- What happens when 7 feet of snow melts? Western New York braces for floods 6 hours ago
- PLANTILLA KARAMBOLA | Herbosa back at DOH, Garin explains why she's been moving people 7 hours ago
- UN warns Ebola still far from over 8 hours ago
- Americans urged to stop wasting food, as EPA says 15.4-M kilos thrown away in US each year 9 hours ago