CNN's Anderson Cooper to anchor Yolanda recovery coverage, live from Philippines
The online news portal of TV5
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper will fly in to the Philippines to anchor a special coverage Supertyphoon Yolanda's aftermath. In a press release, CNN said "Cooper will anchor Anderson Cooper 360° live from the Philippines" beginning Tuesday, Manila time.
"Cooper will be live with the latest reports on the devastation and recovery efforts," CNN said.
A regional police chief on Sunday said as many as 10,000 are feared dead following the onslaught of Yolanda (international codename: Haiyan). Official death tolls are still relatively lower than that, but have been mounting dramatically per day.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) of Leyte on Monday reported a total of 1,563 deaths, even as search and retrieval for the missing and other victims continued.
The death toll is only from 10 of the 40 towns and Tacloban City in Leyte province that had submitted reports to the PDRRMC.
All over the affected provinces, meanwhile, authorities are concerned over a general breakdown in law and order, while relief efforts struggle in the face of looting and lack of equipment.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) are conducting joint clearing operations and retrieval of cadavers in this city and neighboring towns.
- 'HEAVEN GOT FIERCER' | Miriam's passing touches off torrents of tributes 36 minutes ago
- House leaders' plan to show sex video allegedly showing Leila draws flak 3 hours ago
- BAYAN: AFP still backward despite joint US military exercises 4 hours ago
- Miriam Santiago, feisty public servant, loses battle with cancer 4 hours ago
- Warplanes knock out Aleppo hospitals as Russian-backed assault intensifies 4 hours ago
- PCCI-Leyte urges release of PhP2B German Yolanda aid fund by Landbank 5 hours ago
- Diokno nixes US hand in weakening peso, says market behavior logical 5 hours ago
- Peso slide pushing up power generation charge, may impact Oct. rates 6 hours ago
- OPEC members okay surprise oil output cut 7 hours ago
- Caraga police boosts law enforcement capability with 98 new motorcycles 7 hours ago
- BSP exec says Philippine peso remains strong amid depreciation 7 hours ago
- Balangiga officials reject replica of bells offered by Americans 8 hours ago
- WATCH | Tight security for wounded high-profile inmates 13 hours ago
- On eve of Phiblex, Duterte vows to end joint military drills with US 14 hours ago
- WATCH | Duterte stands by drug matrix despite Espino flap, will release 3rd narco-list 14 hours ago