NBI sends team to Tacloban City to help identify 'Yolanda' victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines - The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Tuesday sent a team of doctors and technical personnel to Tacloban City to help in the identification of victims of the onslaught of super typhoon "Yolanda" (international code name: Haiyan) last November 8.
According to NBI Officer-in-Charge Medardo de Lemos, this is part of the Disaster Victims Identification program of the NBI which is activated during times of calamities such as the sinking of M/V Princess of the Stars and the onslaught of typhoons "Sendong", "Reming" and "Pablo."
The team flew to Tacloban City on board a C-130 cargo plane of the Philippine Air Force on Tuesday afternoon.
The group headed by Dr. Reynaldo Romero will first conduct an assessment in the area to determine where they can possibly do their work as the office of the NBI in Tacloban City was also severely damaged.
- UN vows to step up Iraq heritage protection 8 hours from now
- OFWs join thousands queueing for hours to pay last respects to Lee Kuan Yew 8 hours from now
- 23 'beheaded' in NE Nigeria on eve of election - lawmaker, nurse 8 hours from now
- Alps crash pilot told ex-girlfriend 'everyone will know my name' 7 hours from now
- French Alps faithful pray for crash vicitms 7 hours from now
- President Aquino issues guidelines to ensure public safety, order during Holy Week 7 hours from now
- PH govt exhausting all means to save Filipina from Indonesian death row 6 hours from now
- UN staff evacuated from Yemen capital - aid workers 6 hours from now
- PARA WALA NANG TEXT SCAMS? | SIM card mandatory registration nears passage 6 hours from now
- UK's Cameron launches re-election campaign with health vow 5 hours from now
- German foreign minister says Iran talks in 'endgame' 4 hours from now
- Who killed Kercher? Knox acquittal leaves murder mystery unsolved 4 hours from now
- Single mother sent her children to school by driving a pedicab as her means of livelihood 3 hours from now
- Liberia's sole remaining known Ebola patient dies 1 hour ago
- PNP top spy who supplied Oplan Exodus intelligence packet recommended for general rank 3 hours ago