NBI sends team to Tacloban City to help identify 'Yolanda' victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines - The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Tuesday sent a team of doctors and technical personnel to Tacloban City to help in the identification of victims of the onslaught of super typhoon "Yolanda" (international code name: Haiyan) last November 8.
According to NBI Officer-in-Charge Medardo de Lemos, this is part of the Disaster Victims Identification program of the NBI which is activated during times of calamities such as the sinking of M/V Princess of the Stars and the onslaught of typhoons "Sendong", "Reming" and "Pablo."
The team flew to Tacloban City on board a C-130 cargo plane of the Philippine Air Force on Tuesday afternoon.
The group headed by Dr. Reynaldo Romero will first conduct an assessment in the area to determine where they can possibly do their work as the office of the NBI in Tacloban City was also severely damaged.
- VIDEO | Binay camp denies plan to leave Cabinet soon 7 hours from now
- Drilon reminds Trillanes: Only SC can discipline justices 7 hours from now
- Chiz disputes Drilon defense of Iqbal's use of alias in peace process docs 6 hours from now
- IS shows purported executions in Libya of Ethiopia Christians 4 hours from now
- 4 drug-crazed men critically wound widow, 2 sons in failed Masbate robbery 4 hours from now
- Blast outside UN refugee agency HQ in Gaza 3 hours from now
- BPO, remittances to keep propping up PH construction, economy, says U.S. think tank 3 hours from now
- Balikatan 2015 not deliberately targeting China, says Palace 2 hours from now
- Philippines says auction for portion of former U.S. base failed 2 hours from now
- Another crunch week in Greek bailout saga 2 hours from now
- Up to 700 feared dead after migrant boat sinks off Libya -newspaper 18 minutes from now
- FOCUS | Thailand's top cop: graft-buster or junta hatchet man? 32 minutes ago
- Rescue5 wins Gold Anvil for 'fun' disaster preparedness program for schoolchildren 1 hour ago
- Drilon urges Aquino to appoint heads of PNP, Comelec, COA, CSC 2 hours ago
- Japan firm to build 10 vessels for Philippine Coast Guard as part of P7.37-billion loan - DOTC 2 hours ago