NBI sends team to Tacloban City to help identify 'Yolanda' victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines - The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Tuesday sent a team of doctors and technical personnel to Tacloban City to help in the identification of victims of the onslaught of super typhoon "Yolanda" (international code name: Haiyan) last November 8.
According to NBI Officer-in-Charge Medardo de Lemos, this is part of the Disaster Victims Identification program of the NBI which is activated during times of calamities such as the sinking of M/V Princess of the Stars and the onslaught of typhoons "Sendong", "Reming" and "Pablo."
The team flew to Tacloban City on board a C-130 cargo plane of the Philippine Air Force on Tuesday afternoon.
The group headed by Dr. Reynaldo Romero will first conduct an assessment in the area to determine where they can possibly do their work as the office of the NBI in Tacloban City was also severely damaged.
- South China Sea land reclamation 'finished' but construction to go on 8 hours from now
- GMA7's Gozon says P1 billion downpayment from San Miguel's Ang 'intact' 7 hours from now
- SEC approves Filinvest Land's retail debt sale 7 hours from now
- Nickel Asia expands mining area with acquisition of Geogen 7 hours from now
- JV urges PNoy to push FOI bill's passage as zealously as he did BBL 7 hours from now
- Remarried divorcees 'not excommunicated', Pope tells Church 6 hours from now
- Tacloban Airport closed for a day due to damaged runway 6 hours from now
- Branded, private-label sales volumes lift Century Pacific's second-quarter net income 6 hours from now
- Victim of Mary Jane Veloso's recruiters wants to withdraw from case filed by NBI - PAO 6 hours from now
- Dog buried alive in France sparks social media fury 6 hours from now
- Grace Poe releases Question-and Answer briefer to prove she is a natural-born Filipino 6 hours from now
- De Lima orders immediate deportation of Wang Bo, says NBI didn't validate bribery case 5 hours from now
- Pinay madam at center of London sex scandal - report 5 hours from now
- Let Mar go, party-list solons ask PNoy 4 hours from now
- Turkey to start fight against IS in Syria 'soon' - minister 4 hours from now