NBI sends team to Tacloban City to help identify 'Yolanda' victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines - The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Tuesday sent a team of doctors and technical personnel to Tacloban City to help in the identification of victims of the onslaught of super typhoon "Yolanda" (international code name: Haiyan) last November 8.
According to NBI Officer-in-Charge Medardo de Lemos, this is part of the Disaster Victims Identification program of the NBI which is activated during times of calamities such as the sinking of M/V Princess of the Stars and the onslaught of typhoons "Sendong", "Reming" and "Pablo."
The team flew to Tacloban City on board a C-130 cargo plane of the Philippine Air Force on Tuesday afternoon.
The group headed by Dr. Reynaldo Romero will first conduct an assessment in the area to determine where they can possibly do their work as the office of the NBI in Tacloban City was also severely damaged.
- Peso inches up Tuesday vs US dollar as PSEi remains on the red 1 hour ago
- Villanueva urges Palace: Certify end-Endo as urgent bill 2 hours ago
- 'Humbled' Espino accepts President Duterte's apology 4 hours ago
- Colombia, FARC rebels sign historic peace deal 5 hours ago
- DOE not ruling out smuggling in oil price riddle: rising in Luzon-Visayas, but low in Mindanao 6 hours ago
- SM Supermalls gets Brand of the Year Award in prestigious WBA rites in London 7 hours ago
- Is the 'war on drugs' helping fuel an HIV epidemic? 8 hours ago
- 2017 budget bill allows Duterte to impound funds, youth representative says 8 hours ago
- Over 90% of world breathing bad air - WHO 9 hours ago
- Chinese coast guard harassed Pinoys early this month - PCG 9 hours ago
- Bayan sees full-blown trial of Aquino, Abad over DAP 9 hours ago
- Brazil's wounded political giant Lula vows to fight on 10 hours ago
- Hubble spots evidence of water plumes on Jupiter's moon Europa 10 hours ago
- Taiwan shuts down as ‘Megi’ strikes 11 hours ago
- Obama skirts Dakota pipeline comment but urges tribal sovereignty 11 hours ago