4 media workers confirmed killed by 'Yolanda' in Tacloban
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines -- At least four media workers, all from radio, have been confirmed to have died when super typhoon “Yolanda” struck Tacloban late last week.
On Wednesday, Rommel Rutor, production supervisor of dyMS Aksyon Radyo in Catbalogan said Lottie Solarta, anchor of Tacloban radio station dyBR, relayed th message that “our media colleagues Archie Globio and Malou Realino” and that three other personnel of the station remain missing.
Rutor had also confirmed earlier the deaths of dyVL Aksyon Radyo-Tacloban reporter Ronald Vinas and technician Allan Medino when the storm surge from Yolanda struck their radio station, which is beside the sea.
Reports said the two were still on duty, with Vinas doing anchoring chores, when the super typhoon struck.
Two dependents of the station’s staff also died.
The Catbalogan broadcaster has been making regular sojourns into Tacloban both to report on the situation and gather information on the whereabouts and situation of colleagues there.
At least three other Tacloban journalists are known to have suffered injuries during Yolanda’s rampage.
Since the typhoon cut communications at its height, members of the media community have been trying to contact colleagues in Leyte and Tacloban who have yet to be heard from, although a number have since been located and confirmed safe.
- COCKTALES | Ka-ching! Consing, BPI officers win incentives ahead of Year of the Monkey 20 minutes ago
- Online portal Property24 helps broker achieve success 1 hour ago
- AMAZING SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY | Einstein's waves: a 100-year odyssey 1 hour ago
- Ombudsman dismisses QC treasurer over MSBFI property tax case 2 hours ago
- Still no DNA match with supposed kin, Poe says 2 hours ago
- WEEKEND GUIDE | February 12 to 14: Hot Air Balloon Fest, UP Fair, and Valentine shows 2 hours ago
- Missing Hong Kong bookseller 'involuntarily removed' to China - UK 3 hours ago
- FRIENDS LIKE THESE… | Turkey threatens to send refugees to EU 4 hours ago
- Clinton, Sanders spar on health care 4 hours ago
- Duterte camp slams Roxas for 'vote-buying' through BUB 5 hours ago
- NY FASHION WEEK | Kanye West’s new album and fashion show draw 20 million viewers 5 hours ago
- Sentry wounded, attacker killed in hacking at Sulu Army base 5 hours ago
- South Korea cuts power, water to Kaesong zone in North Korea 5 hours ago
- Despite non-passage of BBL, GPH-MILF peace panels committed to peace 5 hours ago
- Expect heavy traffic around Villamor over work on NAIA expressway - DPWH 6 hours ago