THANK YOU, SHOICHI | Japanese boy, 6, donates his savings to Yolanda victims
The online news portal of TV5
The Philippines has received an outpouring of international support in the wake of supertyphoon Yolanda, which hit the country Friday last week.
One more has been added to the list of donors - six-year-old Japanese boy Shoichi Kondoh, who, on Thursday, went to Philippine Embassy in Tokyo to give away "his piggy bank savings" after he saw the misery wrought by the storm on television.
According to the embassy, he was accompanied by his mother, Miho, when he presented Consul Bryan Dexter Lao with 5,000 Japanese Yen, or almost P2,200.
Lao thanked "the embassy’s youngest cash donor" for his "very sincere gesture of kindness and sympathy", according to the same report.
- Anti-Trump protesters hurl rocks in New Mexico rally as Trump wins Washington primary 1 hour ago
- PHL stocks extend rally near 7,500 1 hour ago
- Laguna, Ilocos Sur canvass suspended after 'discrepancies' noted 2 hours ago
- Vietnam PM says country not pursuing military buildup in South China Sea 2 hours ago
- Beijing envoy lauds Duterte 'concern for poor' Pinoy fishermen, looks forward to bilaterals 4 hours ago
- Esperon laughs off talk about a coup d'etat against the Duterte administration 4 hours ago
- CANVASSING DAY 1: Discrepancy in Davao del Sur CoCs slows down start of canvassing 4 hours ago
- CANVASSING STARTS: Congress forbids separate canvassing of president and VP votes 5 hours ago
- WATCH | Meeting party-list bloc, Alvarez pushes death penalty, lower age for criminal liability 6 hours ago
- NDF submits Cabinet nominees to Duterte 6 hours ago
- PH abusing anti-trafficking laws to harass lumad, US group tells Kerry 6 hours ago
- Oil prices push closer to $50, US crude hits highest in seven months 6 hours ago
- Death squads very much in business as Duterte gets set for presidency 7 hours ago
- Nueva Ecija drug convict skips sentencing, dies with cohort in shootout 7 hours ago
- UNA joins calls for forensic examination of poll management system 8 hours ago