THANK YOU, SHOICHI | Japanese boy, 6, donates his savings to Yolanda victims
The online news portal of TV5
The Philippines has received an outpouring of international support in the wake of supertyphoon Yolanda, which hit the country Friday last week.
One more has been added to the list of donors - six-year-old Japanese boy Shoichi Kondoh, who, on Thursday,Â went to Philippine Embassy in Tokyo to give away "his piggy bank savings" after he saw the misery wrought by the storm on television.
According to the embassy,Â he was accompanied by his mother, Miho, when he presentedÂ Consul Bryan Dexter LaoÂ with 5,000 Japanese Yen, or almost P2,200.
Lao thanked "the embassyâs youngest cash donor" for his "very sincere gesture of kindness and sympathy", according to the same report.
- Thousands march for Hong Kong democracy 7 hours from now
- Suspect in Tania Camille Dee murder missing; he was on probation in frustrated murder case 7 hours from now
- China targets web control with new national security law 6 hours from now
- Energy Sec. Petilla orders re-evaluation of Bat-Man natural gas pipeline 5 hours from now
- Ayala Land eyes P8.8-billion sales from expansion of Nuvali residential segment 5 hours from now
- COLLATERAL DAMAGE? | Petrasanta's inclusion in Ombudsman dismissal order of Purisima assailed 4 hours from now
- Philippine economic team tout growth of ICT industry in final leg of U.S. roadshow 4 hours from now
- 'NASAAN ANG GOBYERNO?' | Binay comes out swinging as UNA holds launch in Makati 3 hours from now
- DOLE-NCR orders Kentex to pay 52 workers, five others P1.4 million 2 hours from now
- PANG EROPLANO LANG PO | Stray domesticated animals barred from Marinduque Airport 2 hours from now
- Govt workers' union files more complaints vs 'stalking,' threatening visits by military agents 2 hours from now
- STATEMENT | Big Business calls for end to Makati stalemate, respect for 'rule of law' 2 hours from now
- Competition Act to boost Philippine competitiveness, says NEDA chief 1 hour from now
- Statement of GMA7 reporter in child abuse raps in Butuan media workshop 1 hour from now
- Asia steadies, euro bears Greek burden 1 hour from now