Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- Preliminary investigation into illegal detention vs Iglesia ministers will proceed - de Lima 7 hours from now
- #FREETHE20 | US calls for freedom for 20 women political prisoners 6 hours from now
- NIA to extend irrigation water for rice fields in Dagupan City 6 hours from now
- CA panel defers Comelec chief, commissioner's confirmation 5 hours from now
- In 1-on-1 fight, Mar beats Binay - LP survey 5 hours from now
- Millions strike in India over new 'anti-labor' policies 4 hours from now
- Runaway 10-wheeler truck rams vehicles, houses down flyover to Marikina, at least 2 killed 4 hours from now
- 'BIAS NOT JUSTIFICATION FOR ASSAULT' | NUJP condemns attack on ABS-CBN cameraman at Iglesia rally 4 hours from now
- ICT Office to sign deal with PLDT as 3rd PH Internet exchange connection — Newsbytes.ph 3 hours from now
- Our signatures were forged - Tesda chief, others in new PDAF cases 3 hours from now
- AFP, PNP probe spate of Lumad killings 3 hours from now
- China chemical plant explosion kills 5 2 hours from now
- Pope Francis to rich and powerful: Don't be indifferent, protect Earth 2 hours from now
- VIDEO | NBI warns against investing in 'distributorship' online scam 2 hours from now
- 'MALAMANG DYAN PUPUNTAHAN NATIN' | Pacquiao leaning closer toward Senate bid 1 hour from now