Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- Air Canada plane 'exits' Halifax runway, 23 injured 5 hours from now
- Arab strikes on rebels hit Yemen's main airport 5 hours from now
- White House showed 'reprehensible animosity' to Netanyahu - Boehner 4 hours from now
- Jihadist chief killed as thousands march in Tunisia 4 hours from now
- Pakistan sends plane, frigate to evacuate citizens from Yemen 4 hours from now
- Alps crash captain shouted 'open the damn door' 3 hours from now
- Greece seeks 'happy ending' as creditors mull loan deal 3 hours from now
- Dutch bikes given to Syrian refugee camp in Jordan 3 hours from now
- Theories behind riddle of Alps crash co-pilot's actions 2 hours from now
- DNA from 78 Germanwings crash victims found 2 hours from now
- Tiangco says PNoy terrorizing people to sell 'peace,' seeks respect for Congress' work 2 hours from now
- Philippine use of foreign aid improves in the fourth quarter 1 hour from now
- BATTLE PLAN | US CDC bares plan to beat superbugs, nightmare infections 44 minutes from now
- World powers intensify Iran nuclear talks, Israel hopes for failure 10 minutes ago
- BIFF commander Abesali killed, Karialan's son wounded in clash with soldiers in Maguindanao 1 hour ago