Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- Southeast Asian nations back halt to land reclamation in South China Sea 6 hours from now
- SC grants activist groups' petition for writ of amparo vs 'harassment' by state agents 6 hours from now
- Mediterranean migrant deaths in 2015 pass 2,000: IOM 5 hours from now
- Comelec rules out bidding for PCOS refurbishment, eyes only direct contracting or OMR purchase 3 hours from now
- VIDEO | Maynilad to carry out rotational service interruption to give way to DPWH project 3 hours from now
- Economist Jeffrey Sachs rallies against coal at ADB meeting 3 hours from now
- DMCI argues Torre de Manila is not an eyesore 2 hours from now
- Ex-CJ Puno: PH still needs to engage China in bilateral negotiations 2 hours from now
- Marcos to scrutinize usage of 2016 infra budget amid underspending trend 2 hours from now
- VIDEO| Grace Poe's sweet retort to Erice: 'Di ako mapakla' 1 hour from now
- VIDEO | VP post 'not an option' for Leni, who eyes a Senate run; Gov. Vi also not keen on VP race 51 minutes from now
- Recto shoots down Comelec's plan to extend campaign period 25 minutes from now
- CA directs Senator Trillanes to explain magistrate bribery accusation 20 minutes ago
- Taguig City reports 45% drop in reported crime volume 1 hour ago
- PLDT's first-half net income drops as legacy business weighs on revenue 2 hours ago