Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- Palace: DAP executive actions attended by good faith 9 hours ago
- Bishop Pabillo: FM burial at Libingan would be divisive 10 hours ago
- BBM threatens legal action after election loss 12 hours ago
- Malaysia accepts 68 Syrian refugees 13 hours ago
- LOOK | Fire hits Baguio Engineer's Hill motor pool compound 13 hours ago
- MOURNING AND UNITY | US forces in Okinawa under curfew after suspected murder 16 hours ago
- Stop blocking aid delivery, UN urges warring Syrian parties 18 hours ago
- Demonstrators blast Trump at San Diego rally 18 hours ago
- Global airport trade group opposes new checkpoints after attacks 18 hours ago
- Tabloid reporter shot dead in Manila 19 hours ago
- Colombian rebels free 3 journalists 20 hours ago
- IN PHOTOS | Leni marks Jesse's birthday hours before officially winning VP race 20 hours ago
- ANALYSIS | Thaw in US-Vietnam ties new headache for China 21 hours ago
- UN rejects accreditation for press freedom watchdog CPJ 22 hours ago
- Italy navy recovers 45 bodies near half-sunken migrant boat 22 hours ago