Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- Israeli policeman charged with manslaughter of Palestinian teen 2 hours ago
- Egypt court confirms jail terms for 85 students 3 hours ago
- US police shoot dead boy, 12, holding replica gun 3 hours ago
- 220 Syrian migrants rescued off northern Cyprus 4 hours ago
- France's Accor to build six more hotels in the Philippines through 2017 5 hours ago
- Suicide blast at Afghan volleyball game kills around 50 5 hours ago
- Third-quarter PH economic data seen weighing on stock market this week 5 hours ago
- F1 2014 | Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi GP, claims second world title 5 hours ago
- Megawide close to bagging 8990 Holdings' two property projects 5 hours ago
- As non-gaming section expands, Solaire casino operator seeks profitable balance 5 hours ago
- Rolling stock of Philippines' only train system up for repair 6 hours ago
- UN Ebola victim leaves France after recovery 6 hours ago
- 3 killed, 14 wounded in IED explosion in North Cotabato 6 hours ago
- Pope canonizes two Indians 7 hours ago
- AirAsia Zest mounting Singapore flights out of Cebu and Boracay 7 hours ago