Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- TOKTOK-HANGYO | Tarlac cops conduct 'Oplan Tokhang' 25 minutes ago
- WATCH: BAGONG BUHAY SA BANTAYAN | Disaster-resilient housing unveiled to island folk 40 minutes ago
- Suit over Mamasapano plain harassment, says Citizen PNoy 1 hour ago
- OOOPS! | Taiwan mistakenly fires 'carrier killer' missile towards China 2 hours ago
- Korean train manufacturer invited to set up PH plant 2 hours ago
- WATCH | Bato to drug dealing cops: Shape up or ship out 2 hours ago
- Alleged 'top drug pusher' in Negros Oriental killed 3 hours ago
- Start with Luisita to signal genuine land reform - Central Luzon rebels to Duterte 4 hours ago
- Duterte names new DICT, MECO, NAPC heads 4 hours ago
- Robredo confident meeting with Duterte will happen 5 hours ago
- Cop jailed for radioman's murder - CMFR 5 hours ago
- 'Bato' takes helm of PNP, gives rogue cops 48 hours to surrender or face 'war' 6 hours ago
- Albay's Lagman leads charge in House to legalize divorce 6 hours ago
- Mining set for bumpy ride under Duterte 7 hours ago
- Army nabs 4 hunters in Abra - rights group 7 hours ago