Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- 3 moderate quakes jolt Batangas, Cagayan, Dinagat provinces 8 hours from now
- Dry spell hits 4,000 hectares of irrigated ricelands in Bicol - NIA 7 hours from now
- Japan's Epson to build biggest factory in Philippines 7 hours from now
- Thousands march against Monsanto, GM crops in more than 400 cities in at least 40 countries 7 hours from now
- DOE-Central Visayas halts operation of small-scale coal mine in Cebu City for lack of permit 7 hours from now
- Man, mother killed, 2 other relatives in serious condition in Sorsogon hit-and-run 6 hours from now
- Authorities alarmed over NPA use of child soldiers in Eastern Mindanao 6 hours from now
- Dry season to last until 2nd week of June -- PAGASA 5 hours from now
- Drug-crazed man sets sisters' houses on fire over land inheritance dispute 5 hours from now
- Thousands rejoice as El Salvador's archbishop of the poor Romero beatified 5 hours from now
- 5.7-magnitude quake hits off Papua New Guinea - USGS 4 hours from now
- REFLECTION | Jesus Breathes the Holy Spirit: ‘Peace be with you’ 4 hours from now
- 4 Cebu towns experiencing dry spell now under state of calamity 3 hours from now
- Uber drivers fined in Hungary 12 minutes ago
- German Alps hotel fire kills at least five 32 minutes ago