Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- New breed of investors embrace China's white-knuckle ride 2 hours ago
- Anti-Islam movement PEGIDA stages protests across Europe 2 hours ago
- NO WORK, NO PAY | Not so happy Chinese New Year for daily wage earners 2 hours ago
- OOPS! | Lumbia airport to serve as depot for rescue, not military, equipment, Palace clarifies 2 hours ago
- China forex reserves fall almost $100B in January 3 hours ago
- ELECTION GUN BAN | 746 violators nabbed so far - PNP 3 hours ago
- Digong heads to PNoy's bailiwick, Tarlac, for final pre-campaign sortie 4 hours ago
- 5 questions about North Korea's latest rocket launch 5 hours ago
- Bam Aquino wants stiffer fines vs erring telcos 5 hours ago
- Suspect in Sipadan, Davao Pearl Farm incidents killed in Sulu clash 5 hours ago
- BIG BROTHER | Malaysia's new Twitter police target Najib critics 5 hours ago
- Fewer PWDs registered to vote in May 6 hours ago
- IACAT lauds PH envoy to Iraq for anti-trafficking efforts 6 hours ago
- Bongao, Tawi-Tawi mayor wounded in Zamboanga City slay try 7 hours ago
- Raucous road to May gets underway 7 hours ago