Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- Trillanes will resign from Senate if proven wrong in accusations vs Duterte 16 minutes ago
- 2 suspected Ansar Khilafa terror group members killed in Sarangani 28 minutes ago
- Martial Law's legacy? A legal system in near collapse – FLAG chairman Jose Manuel Diokno 54 minutes ago
- Bayan Muna slams killing of its Northern Samar leader Emil Go 2 hours ago
- Taiwan summons Japanese representative as sea row escalates 2 hours ago
- GOTCHA! | After 13 years in hiding, duo in pyramiding scam nabbed by CIDG 2 hours ago
- AF Payments signs partnerships with bus operators for beep card 3 hours ago
- Duterte team calls for bets' bank transparency; will they open theirs in Trillanes' call for probe? 4 hours ago
- Colombia and Panama agree on financial information-sharing deal 5 hours ago
- 'WE COMPLY WITH THE LAW' | SM Group, cited often as practitioner of 'ENDO,' corrects the record 5 hours ago
- Much ado over Philhealth, says NGO 5 hours ago
- Slain OFW's family seeks DFA help in seeking justice in Saudi 6 hours ago
- NBI nabs second suspect in Comelec hacking 6 hours ago
- Northern Samar activist leader murdered - Bayan 6 hours ago
- Global fund opened to receive aid for Ecuador quake victims 6 hours ago