Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- PHOTOS | Protest march for COP 21 in Paris 10 hours ago
- Palace: No need for ISIS alert, so far 12 hours ago
- Air Force goes supersonic again with fighter jets supplied by South Korea 14 hours ago
- Recto: Senate OKs P14.3B monies for PhilHealth, pension for seniors 14 hours ago
- Bongbong says PNoy should apologize if he feels he has done wrong 15 hours ago
- On eve of EU migration summit, allies tell Germany's Merkel to ease off open-door policy 17 hours ago
- Jets scramble as 11 Chinese military planes fly near Japanese islands - media 18 hours ago
- BABALA | The health costs of climate change 19 hours ago
- 2 soldiers killed, 3 wounded in Samar ambush 20 hours ago
- Bill Gates to start multi-billion-dollar clean tech initiative 20 hours ago
- ANALYSIS | The scariest thing about Islamic State? Its kinder, gentler side 20 hours ago
- Brazil to sue BHP, Vale for $5 billion in damages for dam burst 21 hours ago
- #TINDOGTAYO2016 | Miriam bares plans for PH disaster response, cites most vulnerable groups 21 hours ago
- Ringleader of Paris attacks planned more strikes, mocked open borders 21 hours ago
- 'Don't play with fire,' Turkey's Erdogan warns Russia 21 hours ago