Damage caused by 'Yolanda' to property, infra now at P22.6 billion - NDRRMC
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA - The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Sunday announced that the damage caused by super typhoon Yolanda to properties and infrastructures has hit the P22,659,851,383.76 mark.
Damage to agriculture was estimated at P10,701,971,349.76, including P5,096,116,351.70 in crops and P2,184,011,881 in livestock.
Damage to infrastructure was estimated at P11,957,880,034.
As of Sunday, the death toll remained at 5,235, with 23,501 injured and 1,613 still missing.
Yolanda affected 2,160,576 families or 10,013,467 people in 10,724 villages in 44 provinces.
Of these, 53,263 families or 241,365 people are staying in 1,095 evacuation centers.
Operations in Tacloban Airport remained limited while the Philippine Ports Authority had taken over the Tacloban Port.
- PA'NO NAMAN SI GMA, ANG IBANG AGING DETAINEES? | Miriam nixes JPE house arrest and so does Enrile 8 hours from now
- NEGOTIATE ANEW? | Miriam wants BBL scrapped, talks reopened 7 hours from now
- Astronomers discover second planet 'reared' by four parent stars 7 hours from now
- VIDEO | Forensic holodeck creates 3D crime scenes 6 hours from now
- Customs misses 2014 collection goal 6 hours from now
- Bam: Public should monitor P890B transport projects in infrastructure pipeline 6 hours from now
- Philippine stock market pulls back from records 6 hours from now
- Smart's SPINNR bags Best Mobile Music App award from global telecom industry group 5 hours from now
- Angara: BBL's P75B not a big deal, considering ARMM's P62B 5 hours from now
- Your share of the national debt in January: P62,290 5 hours from now
- New ports lift ICTSI's net income in 2014 5 hours from now
- TUP celebrates harvest of prized student artists with vibrant murals of winning art pieces 5 hours from now
- Philippines bans California chicks 4 hours from now
- Government aims for clean toilets at MRT3 by September 4 hours from now
- ARAL SA MAMAPASANO | Marcos: Kalagayan ng minorya dapat tugunan sa BBL 4 hours from now