Rehab czar Ping Lacson flies to Yolanda-hit areas, meets typhoon victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines -- Newly appointed rehabilitation czar Panfilo Lacson had a glimpse of the places hit hard by super typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) for the first time Friday.
Lacson, a former senator, flew to Guiuan town in Samar, and to Palo town, Baybay City and Tacloban City in Leyte to see for himself the damage caused by Yolanda.
Lacson met with the residents and local officials to assess their needs.
Last Tuesday, Lacson was formally appointed as presidential assistant for rehabilitation and recovery with a Cabinet rank.
His main task is to unify the efforts of government and other agencies in rehabilitation and recovery efforts.
President Benigno Aquino III also named business executive and professor Danilo Antonio as underscretary in the Office of the President. Antonio will help Lacson in his new assignment.
- 40 homes lost to fire at Baan Riverside in Butuan City 2 hours ago
- First Pinoy to join Spartathlon finishes world's 'toughest ultramarathon' 2 hours ago
- TUBA | Making a life from making wine from the tree of life 2 hours ago
- WAR ON DRUGS | PNP tallies more than 1,300 drug suspects killed since July 1 3 hours ago
- Russian war planes pound Aleppo in major offensive 4 hours ago
- Govt troops seize firearms in Basilan operation 5 hours ago
- Lagman: Duterte's words go from reckless to culpable, accusations to confession of guilt 6 hours ago
- WITH VIDEO | Duterte's men insist he was rejecting Hitler, as UN expresses 'alarm' 7 hours ago
- DON'T DO IT | Think tank cautions Duterte against ending military drills with US 9 hours ago
- JESSICA ZAFRA | Obituary for the formerly brilliant 10 hours ago
- Duterte ally thinks Standard & Poor's is overrated 10 hours ago
- Favorable demographics prevent asset bubble in PHL 14 hours ago
- WITH VIDEO | HRW scores mass killings in the name of crime control 14 hours ago
- Peres funeral, attended by Obama, briefly brings Israeli, Palestinian leaders together 16 hours ago
- Cloudy skies, some rain till Saturday 16 hours ago