Rehab czar Ping Lacson flies to Yolanda-hit areas, meets typhoon victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines -- Newly appointed rehabilitation czar Panfilo Lacson had a glimpse of the places hit hard by super typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) for the first time Friday.
Lacson, a former senator, flew to Guiuan town in Samar, and to Palo town, Baybay City and Tacloban City in Leyte to see for himself the damage caused by Yolanda.
Lacson met with the residents and local officials to assess their needs.
Last Tuesday, Lacson was formally appointed as presidential assistant for rehabilitation and recovery with a Cabinet rank.
His main task is to unify the efforts of government and other agencies in rehabilitation and recovery efforts.
President Benigno Aquino III also named business executive and professor Danilo Antonio as underscretary in the Office of the President. Antonio will help Lacson in his new assignment.
- Pope lambastes Vatican administration as sick with power and greed 2 hours ago
- Bleak Christmas for Revilla as Sandiganbayan rejects his motion for bail 3 hours ago
- Can the blood of Ebola survivors create a cure? 3 hours ago
- Philippine economy seen rebounding in fourth quarter 4 hours ago
- Pakistan to execute 500 terror convicts in coming weeks: officials 4 hours ago
- Bangko Sentral extends Libyan currency exchange facility 5 hours ago
- China condemns cyberattacks, but says no proof North Korea hacked Sony 5 hours ago
- CHOW BUZZ | 22 Sweet and Delicious Ways to Celebrate New Year’s Day 2015 8 hours ago
- PNoy leads aid distribution for typhoon Ruby victims in Eastern Samar 8 hours ago
- Streaming to overtake broadcast TV next year -- Ericsson 9 hours ago
- Reminded of Bukidnon bombing, Bam urges bus companies to tighten security 9 hours ago
- Abu Sayyaf member, wanted for Basilan kidnappings, captured in Zamboanga Sibugay 9 hours ago
- Miriam seeks probe of slow Zamboanga siege rehab 9 hours ago
- URGENT TRAFFIC ALERT | Southbound Roxas Blvd. closed to traffic Tuesday for MMFF Parade of Stars 9 hours ago
- Metro Pacific announces restructuring of Landco 9 hours ago