Rehab czar Ping Lacson flies to Yolanda-hit areas, meets typhoon victims
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA, Philippines -- Newly appointed rehabilitation czar Panfilo Lacson had a glimpse of the places hit hard by super typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) for the first time Friday.
Lacson, a former senator, flew to Guiuan town in Samar, and to Palo town, Baybay City and Tacloban City in Leyte to see for himself the damage caused by Yolanda.
Lacson met with the residents and local officials to assess their needs.
Last Tuesday, Lacson was formally appointed as presidential assistant for rehabilitation and recovery with a Cabinet rank.
His main task is to unify the efforts of government and other agencies in rehabilitation and recovery efforts.
President Benigno Aquino III also named business executive and professor Danilo Antonio as underscretary in the Office of the President. Antonio will help Lacson in his new assignment.
- Ebola mistakes should serve a lesson says WHO 4 hours ago
- Ukrainian port city divided after deadly rocket attack 4 hours ago
- Obama ramps up pressure on Russia after deadly Ukraine blitz 4 hours ago
- Six killed when Panama bus falls into ravine 5 hours ago
- 13 dead in Egypt unrest on uprising anniversary: officials 5 hours ago
- Yemen crisis deepens but Obama vows Qaeda pursuit 5 hours ago
- Ten go on trial in France for 'exploiting' frail L'Oreal heiress 6 hours ago
- Panic and chaos as Boko Haram storms key Nigerian towns 7 hours ago
- EDSA rehab fine, but where's traffic plan? MMDA asks DPWH 7 hours ago
- Philippine Business Bank in talks with potential foreign investors 7 hours ago
- Israel book chain drops Charlie Hebdo in-store promo plan 7 hours ago
- Macay eyes first-half fundraiser for RC Cola business 7 hours ago
- Philippine stock market to take cue from fourth-quarter economic data 8 hours ago
- TIME TO REBOOT | Expect improved SK system in reform bill – Bam 8 hours ago
- PLDT hiking capex in 2015 8 hours ago