TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- SPECIAL REPORT | How China's shadowy agency is working to absorb Taiwan 3 hours ago
- Thankful just to arrive on snowy US holiday with power out, travel delays 3 hours ago
- Government to overhaul New Bilibid Prison 4 hours ago
- As economy slows, Bangko Sentral putting on hold further rate hikes 4 hours ago
- DAHIL NAGREKLAMO ANG RICH NEIGHBORS SA POOR VISITORS? | Pacquiao to sell P400-M Forbes Park mansion 5 hours ago
- Hong Kong student leaders banned from Mong Kok protest site 5 hours ago
- New DSWD guidelines exclude many workers from shelter assistance 6 hours ago
- 'DON'T DROP OUR GUARD ON AIDS' | Two-fold surge in new HIV cases in Eastern Europe, Central Asia 6 hours ago
- Sandigan allows Binay's wife to go to Japan for a vacation 7 hours ago
- Chiz to DBM: Account for P137-B Yolanda rehab fund before asking for P23B more 7 hours ago
- PANAGINIP | VP Binay: Trillanes 2016 presidential plan a legitimate pipe dream 8 hours ago
- PH asks China to 'respect' court ruling on poachers, affirms stand on arbitration for sea row 8 hours ago
- UMIIYAK AKO, NAGMAMAKAAWA | MMDA enforcer tells how he was dragged, punched by sports car driver 9 hours ago
- ZAMBO SIEGE | DOJ recommends nixing rebellion raps vs 59 'followers' but case vs Nur, et al stands 9 hours ago
- Pinoy romance novelist Mina Esguerra on 5 secrets to writing a bestseller 9 hours ago