TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Garin: PH not yet MERS-CoV free as 5 persons under strict monitoring 6 hours from now
- VIDEO | UNA offers VP slot to Honasan 6 hours from now
- Inflation dips anew to lowest level in September 5 hours from now
- PCG spots body, life jacket off Laoag after Hong Kong yacht sails into storm 5 hours from now
- House leadership to expedite 2016 budget in face of quorum fear 5 hours from now
- Japanese, Canadian win Nobel Prize for solving puzzle of elusive neutrino particles 4 hours from now
- US warns against 'egregious' restrictions in contested South China Seas 3 hours from now
- WINDOW SHOPPER | At Dapitan Arcade, distressed decors are the in thing for Christmas 3 hours from now
- Yumi Burgos, Jonas' little girl, wins grand prize in national poster contest on justice and peace 3 hours from now
- Koreas exchange list of candidates for family reunion 3 hours from now
- Prosecutors' panel to conduct preliminary probe of MILF, BIFF men in SAF killings 2 hours from now
- EPI taps Spanish firm to operate-manage 40-MW geothermal plant 2 hours from now
- Riding-in-tandem shooters gun down ex-councilor in Nueva Ecija 2 hours from now
- MICP's 9-month public auction sales now P331M - Customs 1 hour from now
- TESDA's Joel Villanueva declares bid for Senate seat 1 hour from now