TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Duterte bares 8 in his senatorial slate 18 minutes ago
- Negros organic farmers festival sales reach P1.6 million 37 minutes ago
- Italian, 2 others die in Albay road crash 53 minutes ago
- Thousands march against Spanish involvement in Syria 1 hour ago
- Clashes at Greece border as Macedonia builds fence to stem migrant flow 2 hours ago
- PHOTOS | Protest march for COP 21 in Paris 11 hours ago
- Palace: No need for ISIS alert, so far 14 hours ago
- Air Force goes supersonic again with fighter jets supplied by South Korea 16 hours ago
- Recto: Senate OKs P14.3B monies for PhilHealth, pension for seniors 16 hours ago
- Bongbong says PNoy should apologize if he feels he has done wrong 17 hours ago
- On eve of EU migration summit, allies tell Germany's Merkel to ease off open-door policy 19 hours ago
- Jets scramble as 11 Chinese military planes fly near Japanese islands - media 20 hours ago
- BABALA | The health costs of climate change 21 hours ago
- 2 soldiers killed, 3 wounded in Samar ambush 21 hours ago
- Bill Gates to start multi-billion-dollar clean tech initiative 21 hours ago