TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- DOH: HIV/AIDS cases could to hit 30,000 by yearend 19 minutes ago
- U.S. gov't to pay PH P87 million for damage of Tubbataha Reef - DFA 36 minutes ago
- Monsod spells out arguments why Congress should stop funding APECO 45 minutes ago
- PNoy urged to extend deadline for Martial Law victims' claims filing 1 hour ago
- WEEKEND GUIDE | Oct. 24-26: PH Lit Fest, Fashion Week, Halloween fetes 1 hour ago
- Comelec launches iRehistro campaign for voter biometric registration 1 hour ago
- PH Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015: Spanish brands make their debut 1 hour ago
- Fil-Ams to enjoy greater protection with signing of PH-US accord on labor rights 2 hours ago
- Hong Kong protesters buckle down for long haul at self-sustaining village 2 hours ago
- PH stock index barely holds above 7,100-mark 2 hours ago
- Operation of Agus-Pulangi hydropower plants may be turned over to private sector 2 hours ago
- UNDAS 2014 | Rescue5 to provide assistance to cemetery-goers 2 hours ago
- CIDG nabs fake Army major charging 'intel recruits' P7,500 each 3 hours ago
- PNoy calls for more 'merchant' plant investors to secure the Philippines' power needs 3 hours ago
- PISTON sets transport strike, national day of protest on Monday, October 27 3 hours ago