TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Homophobic MP urges Russia to ban gay Apple boss 42 minutes ago
- PNoy orders halt to excessive local taxation of Napocor-contracted power plants 47 minutes ago
- 2 Koreans staying in Malate nabbed for alleged robbery-extortion, illegal detention 2 hours ago
- 4 killed, 2 hurt in police firefight with suspected robbery group in Malolos 3 hours ago
- PNoy inspects Manila North Harbor, NAIA 3, bus terminal for Undas preparations 3 hours ago
- Binay slams senators for dragging his youngest daughter into Batangas farm estate issue 4 hours ago
- Complaint filed vs firm's execs over alleged smuggling of 5,425 MT of rice from Thailand 4 hours ago
- Korean firm pays in full the price for acquiring Angat power plant 6 hours ago
- UNDAS 2014 | Red Cross, Rescue5 mobilize for weekend public services 6 hours ago
- Government extends effectivity of lower price cap at electricity spot market 6 hours ago
- PH stock index returns above 7,200-mark 6 hours ago
- BAKIT SI FLAVIER ANG KINUHA NI LORD? | FVR says he knows why People's Favorite went ahead of others 6 hours ago
- Tropical depression outside PHL intensifies into storm - PAGASA 6 hours ago
- Payment of loan from BDO, not Metrobank, priority for Del Monte Pacific 7 hours ago
- Bayantel takeover needs no legislative approval, says Globe 7 hours ago