TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- PH should take inspiration from Cuban health system - cancer survivors 15 minutes ago
- Marcos ‘deserves a proper burial’ - Tacloban mayor 23 minutes ago
- 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya - Italian coastguard 2 hours ago
- Clashes between Turkey, US-backed Kurds in Syria 'unacceptable' - Pentagon 3 hours ago
- Freak lightning storm kills 323 reindeer in Norway 3 hours ago
- Rockets hit Saudi border town of Najran as Yemen war flares anew 3 hours ago
- WATCH | Number of Abu Sayyaf bandits killed in Sulu climbs to 22 7 hours ago
- NEDA crafting roadmap for mining industry 8 hours ago
- WATCH | Northern Mindanao police on heightened alert after 23 inmates bolt Lanao Del Sur jail 9 hours ago
- IS-claimed bombing against Yemen army recruits kills 60 9 hours ago
- Supreme Court to use disciplinary powers in war vs. corruption - Chief Justice 10 hours ago
- Catholic prelates hail signing of ceasefire deal between GPH and CPP-NDF-NPA in Oslo 10 hours ago
- Expect floods as Ipo Dam releases waters, PAGASA warns Bulacan residents 11 hours ago
- WATCH | Some stranded OFWs have been in limbo for years 11 hours ago
- Libyan forces corner Islamic State fighters in Sirte 12 hours ago