TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Disarm, disband militia, Surigao del Sur gov demands as evacuees near 3,000 8 hours from now
- VIDEO | Heidi Mendoza dares Baligod to name COA execs involved in PDAF scam 8 hours from now
- From Havana to UN, Pope Francis prepares for most political trip yet 6 hours from now
- PH team bags 4th straight gold in ASEAN Science Odyssey 5 hours from now
- UAE, Bahrain lose 50 troops in Yemen on deadliest day for Saudi-led coalition 5 hours from now
- Sugar Alliance backs SRA chief amid policy concerns 5 hours from now
- US wildfires could be costliest on record 4 hours from now
- Hungary buses first migrants to Austrian border 4 hours from now
- VIDEO | Duterte's encounter with defiant smoker earns mixed reactions from netizens 4 hours from now
- Domestic violence can take form of reproductive control - study 3 hours from now
- Palace bares latest presidential appointees 3 hours from now
- 9 Pinoy officials in US to discuss disaster risk management 2 hours from now
- REPRIEVE | Metro water interruption held off for later this week 1 hour from now
- Drowned refugee boys buried in Syria; migrant crackdown crumbles in Hungary 2 minutes from now
- After Xi orders 300,000 troop cut, China military paper warns reforms will be hard 1 hour ago