TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA â Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The networkâs statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWDâs. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5âs statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: âTask Force Yolanda â DSWD Hub.â
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- HOTELS OF THE WEEK | Getaways near Metro Manila for the coming long May 1 weekend 8 hours from now
- Churches hold masses for Mary Jane Veloso 8 hours from now
- Malaysian police arrest 12 for plotting 'chaos' ahead of ASEAN summit 7 hours from now
- China's Hong Kong to ink FTA with ASEAN by 2016 - chief executive 7 hours from now
- School principal gunned down in Maguindanao 7 hours from now
- ASEAN integration seen to increase demand for high-skilled Pinoys 6 hours from now
- EU announces 3 mn euros emergency aid for Nepal 3 hours from now
- Guantanamo ex-inmates demand housing, payment from US 3 hours from now
- Robbery saved 9 Greek climbers from Nepal quake 2 hours from now
- Egypt hangs five for murder and theft: ministry 1 hour from now
- Europe recalls the horror 70 years after Nazi camps liberated 54 minutes from now
- Volcano ash causing misery for Chile, Argentina 26 minutes from now
- India rushes 13 military aircraft with aid to quake-hit Nepal 43 minutes ago
- Too early for common SE Asia time zone: diplomats 2 hours ago
- Palace exaggerating power crisis on DOE's dictates – Osmena 3 hours ago