TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA â Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The networkâs statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWDâs. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5âs statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: âTask Force Yolanda â DSWD Hub.â
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Ombudsman indicts Ruffy Biazon, 4 more ex-lawmakers for graft, bribery over PDAF scam 7 hours from now
- SEC approves establishment of Globe subsidiary for new ventures 7 hours from now
- Thousands march for Hong Kong democracy 6 hours from now
- Suspect in Tania Camille Dee murder missing; he was on probation in frustrated murder case 6 hours from now
- China targets web control with new national security law 5 hours from now
- Energy Sec. Petilla orders re-evaluation of Bat-Man natural gas pipeline 4 hours from now
- Ayala Land eyes P8.8-billion sales from expansion of Nuvali residential segment 4 hours from now
- COLLATERAL DAMAGE? | Petrasanta's inclusion in Ombudsman dismissal order of Purisima assailed 4 hours from now
- Philippine economic team tout growth of ICT industry in final leg of U.S. roadshow 4 hours from now
- 'NASAAN ANG GOBYERNO?' | Binay comes out swinging as UNA holds launch in Makati 2 hours from now
- DOLE-NCR orders Kentex to pay 52 workers, five others P1.4 million 2 hours from now
- PANG EROPLANO LANG PO | Stray domesticated animals barred from Marinduque Airport 1 hour from now
- Govt workers' union files more complaints vs 'stalking,' threatening visits by military agents 1 hour from now
- STATEMENT | Big Business calls for end to Makati stalemate, respect for 'rule of law' 40 minutes from now
- Competition Act to boost Philippine competitiveness, says NEDA chief 27 minutes from now