TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Palace to China: US does not intervene in West PH Sea arbitration case 22 minutes ago
- MARIE YUVIENCO | Coming Soon: Digong's oath of office 35 minutes ago
- COCKTALES | Malacanang proceeds with spruce-up despite Duterte's declarations 44 minutes ago
- Saudi rights activist jailed for 8 years: Amnesty 1 hour ago
- Wars, crimes, disasters cause never-ending vigil for millions of missing people 2 hours ago
- Cayetano or Pimentel for Senate presidency? Duterte leaves decision to senators 2 hours ago
- JESSICA ZAFRA | Honor, duty, courage, Hodor 7 hours ago
- Comelec reminds all candidates to submit their statement of contributions and expenditures 8 hours ago
- Meralco expanding prepaid electricity program to 4 more cities 8 hours ago
- 5 UN peacekeepers killed in Mali attack: UN, police sources 8 hours ago
- Oil leaks anew from pipeline in Bataan 9 hours ago
- Iran says to miss hajj, Saudi 'blocking path to Allah' 9 hours ago
- Duterte seeks early talks with communist rebels 10 hours ago
- Dozens of children drown as shipwrecks claim 700 lives, survivors say 10 hours ago
- Brother of slain Taliban chief's driver presses charges against US 10 hours ago