TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- IT'S TAB | Baldwin to handle Gilas Pilipinas squad, says SBP exec 20 minutes ago
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY | NAIA discloses road closures for Pope arrival, departure 21 minutes ago
- END OF AN ERA | Benitezes resign, hand over PWU to STI group that bailed out school 1 hour ago
- Customs misses 11-month collection goal 2 hours ago
- COCKTALES | Ona gets last hurrah in battle with herbal industry over labeling 3 hours ago
- End-November imported car sales grow by double-digits 3 hours ago
- Policemen's firearms sealed to prevent indiscriminate firing during holidays 3 hours ago
- Filinvest Land, Megawide-led group firm up interest in southwest metro transport hub 4 hours ago
- Cardinal Tagle's Christmas message in this, the Year of the Poor 4 hours ago
- Manila Water eyes completion of new Boracay sewage treatment plant in 2016 4 hours ago
- Orangutan in Argentina zoo granted right to freedom 4 hours ago
- Bank of China establishes commodity business center in London 4 hours ago
- Sen. Grace to DOTC: Stop MRT fare hike until service improves, safety upgraded 5 hours ago
- Globe, PLDT interconnect landlines in Misamis Oriental 5 hours ago
- Saudi Arabia says won't cut oil output 5 hours ago