TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- 220 Syrian migrants rescued off northern Cyprus 20 minutes ago
- Suicide blast at Afghan volleyball game kills around 50 1 hour ago
- F1 2014 | Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi GP, claims second world title 1 hour ago
- Rolling stock of Philippines' only train system up for repair 2 hours ago
- UN Ebola victim leaves France after recovery 2 hours ago
- 3 killed, 14 wounded in IED explosion in North Cotabato 2 hours ago
- Pope canonizes two Indians 3 hours ago
- AirAsia Zest mounting Singapore flights out of Cebu and Boracay 3 hours ago
- President Aquino orders rebidding of Cavite-Laguna Expressway project 4 hours ago
- AUDIO | UNA leaders cheer report that 'some LP leaders backing Binay' despite Senate probe 4 hours ago
- Ecozone investment pledges in Jan-Oct up slightly from a year ago 4 hours ago
- VIDEO | No foreign journalists on blacklist - Palace officials 4 hours ago
- Two senior Thai policemen charged with royal defamation 5 hours ago
- Debit card issuers told to put in place safeguards against fraud 5 hours ago
- De Lima hails denial of bail for senior cop in Maguindanao massacre, but notes 84 still free 5 hours ago