TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- FAT-FREE ECONOMICS | 7 market-friendly reforms PNoy left out in his 5th SONA 1 hour ago
- Psalm awards Naga power complex to SPC Power 1 hour ago
- Sierra Leone president declares state of emergency over Ebola 3 hours ago
- POST DAP: Palace has a lot of clarifying to do on 2015 budget, says Sen. Binay 3 hours ago
- CITIZEN MANILA | The ballad of Nanay Pining, 78: street performer, singer, activist 3 hours ago
- Nancy: PNoy endorsing Binay in 2016 would just be icing on the cake 4 hours ago
- Goldberg expresses concern about apparent impunity for extrajudicial, media killings 4 hours ago
- PLEASE READ THE MENU | No pork in 2015 budget, Palace insists 5 hours ago
- PSE approves listing of TransAsia subsidiary 5 hours ago
- CBCP shares National Prayer for Filipino Catholics to prepare for papal visit 5 hours ago
- Chiz: Senate to put in 'DAP-like' provision for 2015 national budget savings 6 hours ago
- Philip Morris Fortune Tobacco asks gov't to adopt tax stamp scheme 6 hours ago
- Phinma aligns with K-12, forms new unit to offer senior high school 6 hours ago
- PAANO BA MAGING SOBRANG POOR? | Toothpaste ay sabong panlaba, tela ang gamit kapag may regla 6 hours ago
- Digitel, Next Mobile buck Globe takeover of Bayantel 6 hours ago