TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Israeli ringleader gets life for burning alive Palestinian teen 4 hours ago
- WITH VIDEO | Duterte is a product of Tuwid na Daan’s inefficiency, incompetence: Poe 5 hours ago
- Boiling water may be cause of Martian streaks: study 6 hours ago
- Abu Sayyaf militants threaten hostages in new video warning 6 hours ago
- Ex-Mexican foreign minister Espinosa nominated as UN climate chief 7 hours ago
- PNoy signs bill on promoting the creation of 'green jobs' 7 hours ago
- Seven deaths reported in Cebu due to heat stroke as El Nino lingers 8 hours ago
- VIDEO | Duterte is poorest presidential bet but had biggest surge in wealth 8 hours ago
- North Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test 8 hours ago
- WITH VIDEO | It's hard to get transaction history of Duterte account without waiver - IBP president 8 hours ago
- Islamic State kills US Navy SEAL in northern Iraq attack 9 hours ago
- Smartmatic notes erratic cellular signals in 60% of Cordilleras 9 hours ago
- PPCRV expresses misgivings over Comelec late-hour changes 9 hours ago
- Poe denies vote buying in Baguio City sortie 9 hours ago
- ASEAN, partner countries officially launch joint maritime exercise in Brunei 10 hours ago