TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- AFP ready to 'protect' SONA demonstrators 1 hour ago
- 4 hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: doctors 2 hours ago
- SE Asia deadlocked as S. China Sea split deepens 4 hours ago
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth 4 hours ago
- Mindanao's alleged drug queen falls to PDEA, police with P.4M worth of drugs 5 hours ago
- Abu Sayyaf man to stand trial for Sipadan, sect members' abductions 6 hours ago
- Ongpin calls SEC ruling on DBP deal erroneous and unfair, appeals to CA 6 hours ago
- Thousands in funeral march for slain Cambodia activist 7 hours ago
- China builds massive seaplane: state media 7 hours ago
- Hundreds of homes evacuated as wildfire spreads north of Los Angeles 9 hours ago
- SONA, PREVIEW | It lasts at least 38 minutes, awakens 'patriot' in us, can make one cry: Andanar 10 hours ago
- Duterte signs EO mandating freedom of information in Executive branch 10 hours ago
- SONA, SAMA NA | Duterte invited to join marchers before addressing Congress 11 hours ago
- Bangladesh upbeat about chance of recovering stolen $81M 12 hours ago
- Leonio Land awards nearly 330 land titles in Porac 12 hours ago