TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Obama vows to nominate new Supreme Court justice 1 hour ago
- DOTC: Exempt Cebu City's P10.6-billion BRT system from election infra ban 2 hours ago
- Puerto Princesa to develop Hundred Caves as eco-tourism site 3 hours ago
- Bolivian ex-officers ordered to pay massacre victims 4 hours ago
- 10 Cebu mayors seek close-in police security 4 hours ago
- Scientists find possible new layer at Earth's core 5 hours ago
- US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dies at 79: Texas governor 5 hours ago
- His pal shot dead, Binay vows some serious crimefighting; to name Honasan anti-crime czar 12 hours ago
- World has slipped into 'new Cold War': Russian PM 13 hours ago
- Lauro Vizconde passes away after series of heart attacks 17 hours ago
- Death toll at collapsed Taiwan building reaches 114; rescue efforts end 18 hours ago
- Miriam-Marcos tandem unfurls senatorial line up 18 hours ago
- After 1,000-year split, pope and Russian patriarch embrace in Cuba 18 hours ago
- 'HYPER-TERRORISM' | French PM: More major attacks in Europe 'a certainty' 19 hours ago
- Chinoys express concern over possible upsurge of kidnappings during election season 19 hours ago