TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- Supreme Court upholds PDAF indictment of Alan Javellana 47 minutes ago
- Peso gains vs US dollar as Brexit developments continue to unfold 57 minutes ago
- FIRST 100 DAYS | Lacson hopes Duterte keeps momentum vs crime, drugs 58 minutes ago
- SC dismisses petition seeking prosecution of PNoy, others over DAP, PDAF 1 hour ago
- SC gives Comelec 10 days to answer party-list groups' petition 1 hour ago
- BSP eyes 1.5-2.4% inflation rate for June 2016 2 hours ago
- Supreme Court junks petition vs. extension of SOCE filing 3 hours ago
- Aquino to follow tradition in turnover rites for Duterte - Coloma 3 hours ago
- Benign inflation to remain supportive of PHL expansion - DOF exec 3 hours ago
- Belmonte: What Duterte impeachment? 4 hours ago
- DOE assessing coal needs of energy firms after Indonesia's ban 4 hours ago
- Risa hopes to get health committee to improve women’s and children’s care 6 hours ago
- Cops responding to bomb threat find P30M shabu in Pasay bus terminal 6 hours ago
- Deputy editor of Chinese party journal commits suicide - report 6 hours ago
- US-based BPO Affinion opens first site in the Philippines 6 hours ago