TV5 stands by story of relief goods found rotting in DSWD warehouse in Leyte
The online news portal of TV5
MANILA – Amid statements by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) debunking reports by TV5 about relief goods for Yolanda victims found rotting in a DSWD warehouse in Leyte, the Kapatid network issued a statement on Monday saying it stood by its story.
The rotting relief goods were found by a News5 team, and reporter Ina Zara subsequently did a story aired last March 26. A similar report was earlier posted in InterAksyon.com, with stringer Lottie Salarda providing photos of the spoiled items that were distributed to certain villages.
The network’s statement was issued in response to a denial made by Secretary Dinky Soliman that the warehouse in question was DSWD’s. She had asked media to provide information, which the News5 team promptly did.
Below is the full text of TV5’s statement issued Monday, April 14:
TV5 stands by its March 26, 2014 story on rotting relief goods found inside a DSWD warehouse in Tacloban City.
Our news team confirmed the warehouse was used by the DSWD and it was clearly identified by signage which read: “Task Force Yolanda – DSWD Hub.”
There was no information withheld from DSWD. TV5 provided details of the story and warehouse location to representatives of DSWD Region 8.
- CHEERS AND TEARS | Fishermen freed by Somali pirates, including Pinoy crew, arrive in Kenya 58 minutes ago
- More than 100 inmates escape Haiti prison, one guard dead: official 9 hours ago
- Aboitiz Equity expanding presence in Southeast Asia; sets P58-B capex for 2017 9 hours ago
- Jungle migrants urged to 'give up British dream' 9 hours ago
- MEL STA.MARIA | A hard look at the benefits from Duterte China trip, risks of its embrace 10 hours ago
- Chile's embattled Bachelet put to test in local polls 10 hours ago
- MOU on Chinese investment in Global Gateway project in Sangley signed 11 hours ago
- WASHED ASHORE | Cache of suspected shabu found half buried in Dingalan 12 hours ago
- DSWD sets priority typhoon relief assistance to the poor 18 hours ago
- NUPL: Mauled driver contacted by cops without benefit of legal counsel 18 hours ago
- 'GETTYSBURG ADDRESS' | Trump lays out plan for first 100 days 19 hours ago
- WATCH | Impossible Foods serves up a yo-this-is-impressive lab-grown burger 20 hours ago
- AT&T strikes $108.7B deal to buy Time Warner 21 hours ago
- WATCH | Somali pirates free 26 fishermen, including Pinoy crew, held for nearly five years 23 hours ago
- Russia accuses US-led coalition of 'war crimes' in Iraq 1 day ago