MANILA – University of Santo Tomas graduate Vincent Edouard Anthony Retardo Gullas topped the 2017 physician licensure examination with a rating of 90.50 percent, and was joined by five other schoolmates in the list of examinees with the ten highest scores.
Jan David Choa Monzon and Robert Carandang Reña, both from the De La Salle University-Health Sciences Institute, shared the top two spot, with scores of 90.08 percent.
Karl Phillip Lumio Avillo from West Visayas State University-La Paz ranked top three with 90 percent.
Also from UST were Marc Vincent Ngo Barcelona, who took the top four spot with 89.83 percent, followed by Ana Eryka Elaine Adriano Peralta with 89.67 percent.
Aldric Cristoval Chua Reyes from University of the Philippines-Manila ranked top six with 89.58 percent.
From Cebu Institute of Medicine, Mark Andrian Orilloza Yano ranked top seven with 89.50 percent.
All from UST, Stephanie Marie Carbon Seno landed the top eight spot with 89.42 percent, followed by Simon Lim Go with 89.33 percent, and Kelvin Ken Lee Yu with 89.25 percent.
According to an announcement by the Professional Regulation Commission on Friday, 3,340 out of 4,064 examinees passed the physicial licensure exam given by the Board of Medicine in Manila, Baguio City, Cebu City, and Davao City in September.
The full list of successful examinees can be accessed here: http://www.prc.gov.ph/uploaded/documents/PHYS0917-ALPHA_JMS.pdf.
Meanwhile, the top performing schools are:
1. Cebu Institute of Medicine and Saint Luke’s College of Medicine (100 percent passing rate)
2. West Visayas State University-La Paz (99.01 percent passing rate)
3. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (98.15 percent passing rate)
4. University of the Philippines-Manila (97.33 percent passing rate)
5. University of Santo Tomas and Ateneo de Manila University School of Medicine & Public Health-Pasig (97.10 percent passing rate)
6. University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (96.93 percent passing rate)
7. Xavier University (96.43 percent passing rate)
8. San Beda College (94.34 percent passing rate)
9. Cebu Doctors University-College of Medicine (93.64 percent passing rate)
10. Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation (92.54 percent passing rate)
For the issuance of Professional Identification Cards and Certificates of Registration, go to www.prc.gov.ph. There is no date or venue yet for the oathtaking ceremony of the successful examinees.