MANILA, Philippines — Bonifacio Global City is holding a two-hour earthquake drill, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Friday, September 29, and warned that heavy traffic can be expected in the area at this time.
“All traffic lights in BGC will also be temporarily turned off during the drill,” BGC said in an advisory.
It also said the following roads will be closed to traffic during the activity:
- 11th Avenue between 32nd Street and 26th Street (Landmarks/nearby areas: West Tower at One Serendra to Two Serendra)
- 5th Avenue between 32nd Street and 26th Street (Landmarks/nearby areas: McDonald’s to Net Lima)
- 2nd Avenue between 32ndStreet and 31st Street
- 31st Street from 1st Avenue to Rizal Drive
- 7th Avenue corner Lane T
- 40th Street corner 9th Avenue
- 3rd Avenue between 32nd Street and 31st Street
SEE MAP OF BGC WITH STREET NAMES:
“Some portions of other roads shall be used as evacuation areas” while “one lane shall remain open and passable for vehicles,” the advisory said as it advised motorists to take alternate routes.