Actor Gerald Anderson has confirmed that he and singer-actress Sarah Geronimo have stopped communicating after they were linked romantically earlier this year.
Just when fans had assumed that the handsome 23-year-old might be the first man to win the approval of Sarah’s notoriously overprotective parents and become her first official boyfriend, it was reported in July that the budding romance had been nipped.
At a press conference for his FHM Collections magazine cover on Thursday, Gerald appealed to his and Sarah’s fans for acceptance.
“Nangyari na po ang dapat mangyari so kailangan ho natin tanggapin at move on,” he told News5.
Convinced that he and Sarah truly love each other, fans of their loveteam are not likely to give up so easily.
Gerald is overwhelmed by their loyalty. ”Thank you, thank you po. Sobra po kaming blessed for that,” he said.
However, he is aware that the fans have laid the blame for the aborted romance on Sarah’s mother, known in showbiz as Mommy Divine.
Once again, Gerald appealed for acceptance as well as respect for Sarah’s family.
“Bigyan na lang ho natin ng respeto ‘yung pamilya nila, si Sarah, ‘yung mommy niya. Kasi no one deserves that…Lalo na kung masama lang sasabihin natin.
“Sabay-sabay na ho tayo mag move on, and let’s just give everybody respect and privacy… Pati rin ho sa akin,” he said.
Gerald believes Sarah is worth keeping as a friend. But asked if she is worth fighting for as a girlfriend, he gave this pointed reply: “Well, I’ve done enough fighting. Lahat naman tayo we fight, di ba? We fight for our own reasons.”