Two-time Oscar winner Meryl Streep, continuing her sweep through awards season Tuesday by picking up a Golden Bear lifetime achievement prize at the Berlin film festival, confessed she might be overrated.
Whitney Houston’s body arrived in her home state of New Jersey on Monday night, ahead of a funeral expected later this week for the pop superstar whose blockbuster career was often overshadowed by drug and alcohol abuse.
As fans await autopsy results that may not come for weeks, speculation raged Monday that pop legend Whitney Houston may have died from a lethal cocktail of prescription drugs and alcohol.
Romantic drama “The Vow” topped the North American box office at the weekend, beating back strong competition from three other films in their first week of release, industry figures showed Monday.
Coroners on Sunday completed their autopsy on the body of singer Whitney Houston and confirmed that she was found in the bathtub of her Beverly Hills hotel room, but said the cause of death would not be determined until more lab tests were completed.
Entertainment host and radio jock Grace Lee has demanded a public apology from veteran journalist Ellen Tordesillas over the latter’s article published on Vera Files stating that the Korean celebrity sees herself marrying President Benigno Aquino III.
British soul diva Adele made a triumphant return to the stage at the Grammys Sunday, winning a clean sweep of six awards and a standing ovation, in a show clouded by the death of Whitney Houston.
British soul diva Adele made a storming comeback at the Grammys on Sunday, performing live for the first time in months as she won a string of the US music industry’s top awards.
British soul diva Adele won the best song of the year Grammy for “Rolling in the Deep” at the music industry’s annual awards show in Los Angeles on Sunday.
Internationally renowned singer and actress Lea Salonga lends some world-class flair to TV5′s latest reality talent search show as she performs in the music video of the soon-to-be launched program’s theme song.
British soul singer Adele won three early Grammys on Sunday, including best pop solo performance for her song “Somebody Like You,” in a show that began on a somber note with a prayer for late pop superstar Whitney Houston.
A ‘security hold’ has been put on the results of the autopsy of pop legend Whitney Houston, the LA county coroner’s office said Sunday, adding there were ‘no signs of foul play’ in her death.
The Grammy awards show opened Sunday with a prayer for legendary US singer Whitney Houston, whose death cast a cloud over the event, due to feature a comeback performance by British soul diva Adele.
Shiny leather stood out during a particularly busy Sunday at New York fashion week, with both Derek Lam and Donna Karan for DKNY making the most of the material in its most highly polished form.
From the New Jersey church where Whitney Houston’s singing career first took flight to the Beverly Hills hotel where her life abruptly ended, family and fans of the pop diva expressed their grief on Sunday with prayer, tears and raw anguish.
The annual mass kissing fest may have taken a break for now, but the spectacular fireworks display and the stunning presence of Kapatid Network’s David Archuleta more than made up for an amazing Valentine weekend date.
Silent movie ‘The Artist’ and Meryl Streep continued their march towards Oscar glory on Sunday after scooping top awards at the BAFTAs, the biggest night of the British film industry.
The music world paid emotional tribute to legendary US singer and actress Whitney Houston on Sunday, as stars gathered for the annual Grammy show less than 24 hours after her shock death at age 48.
Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina was rushed to hospital Sunday suffering from stress, a day after the death of her pop star mother, police and a family friend said.
Music producer Clive Davis’s pre-Grammy party is typically one of the most fun-filled highlights of the week leading to the music industry’s top awards, but this year’s event quickly turned into a tribute for Whitney Houston, who died earlier in the day.
For someone who just opened a Twitter account barely a month ago, reluctantly at that, megastar Sharon Cuneta seems like the proverbial fish who has taken to water at the rate she is tweeting her followers, last counted at over 119,502. Onstage at her concert with Martin Nievera Saturday night, she picked up her Blackberry and started tweeting fans, even doing a virtual roll call of those she called ‘my Tweeties.’
Stars and music industry leaders paid tribute Saturday to singer Whitney Houston, who died aged 48 on the eve of the annual Grammys show.
‘Twas a fitting pre-Valentine’s scene. On Sunday morning, Patrick Obias proved love is in the air, literally, when he chose the end of the hot air balloon show at Clark to propose to long-time girlfriend Atty. Caleen Chanyungco.
Amazing vocal performances, the Megastar’s tweeting while onstage, Martin’s nonstop hilarious punchlines, digital gadgets, and a real-life marriage proposal made the Once In a Lifetime concert deserve a standing ovation.
- » Ombudsman OKs estafa raps vs ex-DAR exec
- » CHED reviewing tuition-hike notices, sets en banc deliberations on May 27
- » PNP starts security preps for school opening
- » Bank exec slain in ambush near MPD, NBI headquarters
- » Comelec should not get intel funds, says ex-chief Monsod, as Brillantes assails Lagman's motive
- » Makati to accept applicants for free livelihood training until June 15
- » Kidapawan storeowner, partner slain in attack, 2 others hurt
- » Reelected Quezon mayor, kin hurt in road crash
- » UNDAUNTED | Grounded ship is Philippines' last line of defense
- » French prosecutors to grill IMF chief Lagarde over 2007 payout to disgraced tycoon Tapie
- » British soldier 'butchered' near London barracks in apparent terrorist attack
- » ANALYSIS | From opera to exercises, US and China deepen military ties
- » PH shifting to other tourist markets to fill gap from Taiwanese cancellations
- » Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived
- » PHOTO | The world's first life-saving face transplant
- » US Army sergeant accused of videotaping female cadets in shower
- » Peso slumps to 41.5:$1 level
- » Greenergy looks to acquire biomass power plant operator in China
- » China's manufacturing output falls for 1st time in 7 months
- » BSP approves Metrobank's stock dividend declaration
- » FACTBOX | Apple, Amazon, Google and tax avoidance schemes
- » Wall Street falters in volatile session on Fed worries
- » Bernanke touts benefits of Fed easing, no hint of pullback
- » Existing home sales in US highest in almost three-and-a-half years
- » FOCUS | China may be fanning flames of Taiwanese anger with PH - expert
- » MUSINGS ON TAIWAN MESS | Confucius says...
- » COCKTALES | Ayala, SM rivalry leads to roadblock, regulatory capture
- » MANUEL BUENCAMINO | Post-election round-up
- » MEL STA.MARIA | Mar Roxas could be president in 2016
- » JESSICA ZAFRA | Etiquette for social media
- » Elections 2013: Mapping the battleground provinces and cities
- » Meritocracy or elite democracy? An assessment of the 2013 senatorial bets
- » LeBron James delivers overtime game-winner as Heat take opener versus Pacers
- » Caluscusin, Silverio win golds in rhythmic gymnastics meet of POC-PSC National Games
- » Stallion, Global look to keep hold on top of UFL table against Pachaga Diliman, Air Force
- » Franz Pumaren hints at Air 21 trade for big man ahead of Governors’ Cup
- » Air 21 expects to soar in Governors’ Cup with return of high-scoring import Zach Graham
- » Import prospect Mike Singletary doing well for Barako Bull in Dubai tournament
- » Can Alaska Aces repeat ’90s dynasty? Only history will tell, says Fred Uytengsu
- » Arwind Santos, Calvin Abueva lead PBA stars asked to help train Philippine team