Since it has been almost a week since Vhong Navarro was mauled by several men in the condominium unit of student and model Deniece Milinette Cornejo, Taguig-PNP Chief Superintendent Arthur Felix Asis believes that the crime scene may now be contaminated.
This was what Asis told Raffy Tulfo and Niña Taduran during a telephone interview in their radio program “Wanted sa Radyo” at Radyo Singko 92.3 News FM last Monday.
Asked by Taduran if the unit of Cornejo at Forbeswood Heights condominium identified in recent reports as the alleged scene of the crime had already been cordoned off, Asis said they were still in the process of coordinating with the security and administration of the building.
“Pero malamang na-contaminate na yung crime scene kasi January 22 pa nangyari yun,” Asis opined.
When asked by Tulfo what happened when Navarro was brought to their police station, the Taguig police chief cited the report of a PO3 Lumiwan (identified in other reports as PO3 Dalmacio Lumiwan, Jr.) narrated that the embattled comedian and TV host was brought by two men with his hands tied behind his back with duct tape.
Asis added that Lumiwan’s report stated that Navarro was brought into the station on the basis of a “citizen’s arrest” but did not identify the two men who brought him. He also confirmed that Navarro signed a police blotter that said he attempted to rape Cornejo.
“According sa report ni PO3 Lumiwan, tinanong nila si Mr. Vhong Navarro kung meron siyang gustong sabihin o meron siyang gustong ibigay na statement, sabi niya, hindi na lang daw. Tapos tinanong nila kung puwede siyang madala sa hospital, ang sabi ni Mr. Vhong, ang gusto lang niya ay makauwi agad,” the police chief added.
As for Cornejo, Asis said Lumiwan’s report stated that she was also at the station at the time Navarro was brought by the two men.
“Umabot lang po yata sa pagba-blotter kasi eventually nagpa-settle na rin yung complainant na babae,” Asis told Tulfo.
At this point, Tulfo observed that based on the report, it seems that Navarro was not fully informed of his rights, which includes having a lawyer present during the entire proceedings.
“Parang ang nangyari kasi, lahat ng bintang sa kanya, sinang-ayunan ni Vhong at pinirmahan niya sa blotter niya, yes, mukhang dun may problema. So may lapses po ang ating kapulisan kung tutuusin, sir,” Tulfo observed.
“Yun siguro ang dapat tingnan po,” Asis conceded.
Asked how the investigation had progressed, Asis they still have to talk to Navarro, who underwent facial reconstructive surgery Monday night at an undisclosed hospital.
“In the meantime, continuous pa rin ang investigation namin. Ni-require po namin yung Forbeswood Residences, allegedly dun po nangyari yung incident, na mag-submit ng CCTV footage, list ng mga guests and other evidences necessary para sa resolution nitong case,” Asis revealed.
It was reported earlier that the security personnel of the Megaforce Security Agency assigned at Forbeswood who were on duty at the time of the incident had already submitted the CCTV footage to the National Bureau of Investigation. However, they declined to cooperate with the Taguig-PNP despite the latter’s request.
Despite his concern that the crime scene may have already been tampered with, Asis promised that the their police force is doing its best to shed light on the incident and provide a quick resolution to the case.
Listen to the full interview of Taguig-PNP Chief Superintendent Arthur Felix in “Wanted sa Radyo” with hosts Raffy Tulfo and Niña Taduran at Radyo Singko 92.3 News FM as posted by News5 Everywhere: