Vic Sotto opens up about romance with Pauleen Luna
One year after word first came out that he and Pauleen Luna were a couple, Vic Sotto, 58 is finally opening up about his romance with his “Eat Bulaga” co-host.
Pauleen, 24, recently sent the social networks atwitter with Instagram posts calling herself ”the happiest girl in the world” and that “she could cry for being happy.”
Is Vic Sotto the cause of her extreme happiness?
“Malamang! Oo naman, oo! Ako ‘yun, ako ‘yun!” the top comedian exclaimed on Friday during a press conference for his Metro Manila Film Festival entry, “Si Agimat, si Enteng Kabisote at Ako”, which also stars Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. and Judy Ann Santos.
He’s not an Instagram user, but he knows what it is. How does he feel about her being so expressive about her feelings?
“That’s very flattering… kung ako ‘yun ha?” he said with a laugh. “Paano kung hindi ako?” he quipped, playing coy as us usual.
The truth is, Bossing — as many in showbiz call him — has not still not made a categorical admission of the relationship. But last month, when he said “What you see is what you get”, the media surmised that such a statement was as good as a declaration of love as one could get from him.
And when they arrived together at the the red carpet premiere two weeks ago of “D’Kilabots”, the movie of “Eat Bulaga” co-hosts Jose Manalo and Wally Bayola, perhaps nothing more needed to be said.
Will Pauleen be his special date once again to the premiere of “Si Agimat, si Enteng at si Ako” on December 20 at SM Megamall Cinema 10?
“Pelikula ng Dabarkads ‘yun,e, kaya kailangan kumpleto. Kung pwede siya, kung wala siyang taping. Bising busy kasi sa taping ‘yun,e,” he said.
Any Christmas plans? “Sa ngayon wala pa pero pag meron na, iti-tweet ko sa inyo,” he quipped. (He also doesn’t have a Twitter account.)
What are Pauleen’s qualities that he finds endearing?
“Itanong n’yo sa kanya, siya ang sasagot niyan,” he replied, smiling.
Vic is well aware that the MMFF box-office crown is expected to be contested by “Si Agimat, si Enteng Kabisote, at si Ako” and the Star Cinema comedy “Sisterakas” starring Ai-Ai de las Alas, Kris Aquino, and Vice Ganda.
But he is confident of his movie’s chances. “Sinisiguro namin sa inyo na mas maganda ito sa nakaraang ginawa namin. Pagdating sa action, sa comedy, nakatodo na ‘to,” he said.
Meanwhile, Vic is even more unperturbed by reports on the television front that Willie Revillame is moving to the noontime slow with a new show called “Wow, Wow, Willie”, which will premiere in January 2013.
“That’s his option. Wala namang bago dun,e, dati na naman kaming magkasabay so mas marami siguro, mas masaya. Mas marami silang pagpipilian, ang mga taong manunuod sa tanghali,” he said.
One reporter noted that Willie had declared that he would avoid the noontime slot when he transferred to TV5 in 2010, and he has obviously changed his mind.
“Siya pala ang nagsabi nun,e. Ako naman wala naman akong sinabing tatapatan ko siya. Sabihin n’yo sa kanya gusto niya ‘yun,e. Hamo siya. No big deal, nothing new. It’s nothing unexpected,” said the “Eat Bulaga” pioneer who hosts the game show “One Million Peso Drop” on TV5.
“Seriously, we don’t even talk about it. Walang issue. Walang bago,” he concluded.