MANILA, PHILIPPINES — South Eastern Data Center, Inc. (SEDCI), a Philippine-based carrier-neutral data center, today announced new partnerships and launched a host of products that further broadens its wide array of solutions designed to provide the space and security that growing businesses need for their information security requirements.
SEDCI’s expanded product line now include SEDCI Cloudable (IaaS), SEDCI Cloud Appclick (SaaS), Cloud Applus (API), SEDCI Circuit (Connectivity), and Managed IT Services. They will complement existing products to create a complete cloud-based highly scalable computing solutions package that will facilitate companies of all sizes in gaining competitive advantages in their markets.
“Business transformation is shaping the future of industries around the world and cloud-driven products, services and experiences will definitely play a big role in enhancing the competitiveness of companies, large or small,” said Maricar Nepomuceno, SEDCI chief executive officer and chief operating officer, as she views the new partnerships and expansion of its product portfolio as very timely and critical to help local business owners.
“With these advances, SEDCI rolls out added cloud-based enhancements so organizations can capitalize on key transformative technologies such as social, mobile, big data analytics, and IoT as well as enable budding enterprises to make their initial tentative steps to the cloud,” Nepomuceno said. “In the process, SEDCI products lead to increased business agility, lower costs, and reduced IT complexity on the road towards innovation and business transformation.”
In his first State of the Nation Address, President Rodrigo R. Duterte tasked the newly established Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) with the development of a National Broadband Plan for the Philippines. Expected to yield results over a five-year forecast period, this initiative expresses the notion that fast, reliable broadband similar to efficient transport roads, railways and runways will be a major factor in finally achieving the digital transformation of industry in the new economy.
In other fronts, the Philippine government is bullish that ICT technology, which today involves cloud computing, will make a difference in the competitiveness of industry. The MSME Development Council Task Force on E-commerce of the DTI allows MSMEs access to comprehensive and focused support for tapping business opportunities and expanding markets through innovative and effective promotion of MSMEs.
For their part as partners, Derrick Heng, senior advisor for Globe myBusiness siad: “Small businesses are the lifeblood of the any economy and in today’s hyperconnected world, they need the right tools and technology to thrive. Every day, businesses tell us that faster broadband speeds will increase productivity and help deliver better services to customers. And as businesses become more and more digital, the more that we need to enable them to mitigate risks and ensure business continuity. We at Globe are stepping up our engagement with SMEs and provide them innovations such as Cloud services, powered by our high-speed internet service, to enable SMEs to optimize their businesses and catalyze the growth to the national economy.”
There’s also the SME Roving Academy that offers training courses related to ICT, such as Expanding Business through E-commerce, Putting the Business Online and the ICT Solution Project.
In the next two to three years, IT research firm IDC Philippines foresees digital transformation (DX) to reach macroeconomic scale, which will change the way businesses operate, thus reshaping the global economy.
The rise of DX will have far-reaching effects on the market. Massive opportunities will open up for businesses as DX upgrades the capabilities of traditional industries, increases enterprise efficiency and strengthens relationships across the supply chain. Cloud-enabled services will contribute significantly for businesses to reap the maximum benefits from digital transformation.
“Today’s employers need to be able to manage their workforce from wherever they are. We have combined the resources of our customer base and product development team to define the functionalities that we have built into our HR application,” said Matthew Romano, chief executive of Cr8v Web Solutions. “Inputs from all parties enable us to continually enhance our product offerings and help organizations to simplify and streamline their workforce management processes, as well as ensure they adhere to changing compliance and strategic payroll and HR practices,”
SEDCI offers the following cloud services:
• Cloudable, SEDCI’s brand of IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), is easy to deploy and immediately accessible to users through the virtual platform. SEDCI handles the IT infrastructure including the network, power, and physical servers while providing access to virtual servers so users can cater to their customers’ requirements. Cloudable does not require long-term commitment and delivers a service that reduces the risk of failure while providing business solutions that are cost-effective and efficient.
• Cloud Appclick, SEDCI’s Human Capital Management solution which run on Software-as-a-Service platform, offer better management of human resources. Its fully automated HR solutions are user-friendly and flexible for users with minimal training so that the business can focus on growth and expansion. This cloud-based solution syncs accounting data into a single database in the cloud and throughout all authorized devices. It keeps track of sales anywhere and creates invoices where ever using accurate finance data that are also securely backed-up. Collaboration among multiple users is seamless while still allowing the business control over accessibility of its online data in a secure cloud environment.
• Cloud Applus offers essential apps such as SMS, Voice, Charging, and USSD APIs that allow even SMEs to reach out to their target market on time. Aside from APIs, SEDCI Cloud Applus also includes various other platforms to connect, create, access, and control through numerous applications powered by GSuites.
• SEDCI Circuit Connectivity Services is a redundant network infrastructure that receives dedicated international circuits which are managed 24×7. With a large network coverage of local loops serving as direct connection to SEDCI data center, this unique facility offers the space and security for any type of company. These connectivity services can cater to small businesses, growing companies, and large enterprises with multiple options based on their needs.
• SEDCI’s Managed IT Services employ a pool of IT professionals well-versed in the latest technologies and are well-equipped in handling IT operations and resources to support secure, highly available and flexible IT systems . SEDCI’s team of experts proactively monitors and manages the client to support high availability and is readily on-call to efficiently and swiftly address IT concerns.
“We are excited to bundle our user-friendly and cost-effective cloud-based platform to streamline accounting processes,” said John Edward Castillo, Managing Director of Xirrus, Inc. “SEDCI customers will be happy to know that our IaaS software is not only fully integrated within its accounting functionalities but also integrates seamlessly with the rest of SEDCI’s suite of cloud-driven applications. We can help manage complexity so growing businesses of all sizes become more competitive and realize their full potentials.”