After announcing his departure from the Philippine Air Force, veteran Chieffy Caligdong dismissed speculations that he will be leaving the Philippine national men’s football team.
“Wala akong sinasabing ‘di ako maglalaro sa national team,” Caligdong said Friday. “Hindi pwedeng mawala yung football sa akin.”
Last week, InterAKTV reported that the Azkals wingman has decided to migrate to the United States with his family after his wife, a registered nurse, found employment in Texas.
But while waiting for their documents to be processed, Caligdong said that he would still don the national colors for the rest of the year, including stints in the Long Teng Cup in October and the Suzuki Cup at the end of the year.
Caligdong added that he still has plans to come back, although he is still unsure what his plans are after returning from the US.
“Hindi ako magtatagal dun,” Caligdong said. “Meron akong Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, after migrating in Texas.”
Despite seeking greener pastures, Caligdong said that his loyalty remains with the national team.
“I prefer na magrepresent sa country natin kesa (mag-stay) sa US,” he said.
» Pasargad sends Air Force to relegation after 6-0 beating
» Global looks to inch closer to UFL crown against rival Kaya; Air Force, Pasargad clash
» PFF files report to FIFA complaining about racial abuse of Filipino fans in Hong Kong