Nonito Donaire said on Thursday (Friday Manila time) in Houston, Texas, that his December 15 encounter with Mexican Jorge Arce will be action-packed and unforgettable.
Speaking during the formal announcement of their world super-bantamweight title match that will take place at the Toyota Center, Donaire said: “This fight has been on and off for the last four years… it’s gonna be bloody, it’s gonna be tough, it’s gonna be rough. This is going to be an exciting fight.”
Arce, who is already in the thick of training in Mexico City unlike Donaire, has vowed to score a mighty upset.
“I want to make this clear, I’m going to win…Nonito is a very good friend, but unfortunately this is business,” said the 33-year-old from the fight-crazy town of Los Mochis.
Donaire will head straight to his training camp in San Leandro, California, to begin his own buildup.
Last month, Donaire hardly flexed a muscle in dismantling Japanese pride Toshiaki Nishioka in Carson, California.
The Arce fight will be Donaire’s fourth outing this year alone.
In 2013, Donaire plans to fight the same number of times, including one against Cuban Guillermo Rigondeaux, who will be seeing action in the main supporting fight.
» PHOTO | Nonito Donaire needs 11 stitches to close cut over left eye
» Gritty Nonito Donaire wins technical decision to capture WBA featherweight title
» Nonito Donaire to fight for world title in Macau on May 31