Signed, sealed and delivered.
Manny Pacquiao will defend his WBO welterweight title against unbeaten American puncher Tim Bradley on June 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
The confirmation was made by Pacquiao’s adviser Mike Koncz early Tuesday morning.
“It is done,” said Koncz, who is in Los Angeles talking with Top Rank chief Bob Arum and Bradley’s chief handler Cameron Dunkin.
Now that he has gotten the job done, Koncz is heading back to Manila and will arrive here on Thursday morning via Philippine Airlines.
It is expected that Pacquiao will get the lion’s share not only of the revenue but of the pay-per-view earnings as well since Bradley is not a marquee name.
Still, Bradley is going to earn his biggest paycheck by fighting Pacquiao.
Pacquiao and Bradley last fought in November last year at the MGM Grand where the Filipino beat Juan Manuel Marquez and Bradley stopped Joel Casamayor in the undercard.
Bradley signed up with Top Rank months before his win over Casamayor.
» Pacquiao calls showdown vs Mayweather ‘the fight of my life’
» VIDEOS | Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather begin their respective training camps for megabout
» Mayweather and Pacquiao could split $300M after megafight, says Arum