While researching for the latest installment of The List on the Top 10 Imports in PBA Governors’ Cup History, we stumbled upon this great video primer on the 1993 Governors’ Cup finals.
(Yes, our jobs involve us spending whole afternoons watching old PBA videos on YouTube. It’s a great gig.)
The video kicks off the awesome with clips of the San Miguel Beermen, led by Kenny Travis, followed by highlights of the legendary Tony “Hurricane” Harris with Swift.
But that’s only the start of all the goodies in the video, because after the primer, the producers decided to put a highlight reel of the conference set to the Talking Heads’ fantastic “Burning Down the House”. Some of our favorite parts include:
- A young Yeng Guiao with a full head of hair (!)
- Rookie Jun Limpot throwing it down
- A skinny sophomore Bong Ravena
- A Nelson Asaytono slamfest
- A very, very young Tim Cone with a shaggy mane
- Chot Reyes in a tie, looking like a young professional instead of a member of the ASAP sessionistas
- Alvin Patrimonio dunking, in what was probably one of the last dunks of his career
- Rookie benchwarmer Olsen Racela goofing off in the Purefoods bench
- And more Hurricane Harris!