Rainy days can likely leave you craving comfort in the form of food. Fortunately, there are plenty of rainy-day eats to warm us up. Here are some new Chow Buzz favorites. What are your favorite rainy day eats? Please let us know in the comments section below.
1) Nutella Soup at Gino’s Brick Oven Pizza
How can one not warm up to a freshly baked pizza crust bowl filled with cream of Nutella soup? While at Gino’s, check out their Neapolitan-style pizzas as well. The Bianca Verde is a Chow Buzz favorite.
• Gino’s Brick Oven Pizza, 2/F, 341 Katipunan Ave., Loyola Heights, Q.C. (Above Mercury Drug), tel: (+632) 381-3963
2) Pansit Choku en su tinta at Asiong’s Carinderia
According to Chef Claude Tayag, this pansit choku en su tinta (a.k.a pansit pusit)—an heirloom black-noodle dish with squid cooked in its ink—used to be eaten only during Lent or at wakes. But now it’s served as daily fare in karinderias and informal gatherings. This pansit is popular among residents of Cavite’s coastal towns and fishing villages.
• Asiong’s Carinderia, 712 P. Paterno St., Caridad, Cavite City, tel: +63-926-713-9400
3) Emma Ramen at Urameshi-ya
The Emma or Devil’s Ramen is a lighter bodied spicy alternative to the iconic Ukkokei Ramen Ron ‘Tan tan men.’ The dish was most likely named after Emma-O, the Japanese Buddhist god of the underworld.
• Urameshi-ya, Inside Little Tokyo, 2277 Pasong Tamo (beside Makati Cinema Square) Makati, tel: (+632) 813-2210
4) S’mores Fondue at Old Swiss Inn
Try this new twist to an old classic fondue, dipping homemade grilled/melted mallows and graham crackers in melted Toblerone chocolate. Simply delish!
• Old Swiss Inn Makati – Somerset Olympia Building, along Makati Ave., beside the Peninsula Hotel, tel: (+632) 818-8251 or 8180098.
5) Sinigang na Ulang (Pangat na Ulang) at Binulo
Nothing can be more comforting on a wet, gloomy day than a hot bowl of our very own sinigang. This version from Binulo restaurant is cooked in bamboo or bulo style, an indigenous cooking method that is still used by the Aetas of Pampanga.
• Binulo, Bldg. 6410-6413 M.A. Roxas Highway, Clark Freefort Zone, tel: (+044) 499-2238