Fellow chowhounds yearning to try something new this Chinese New Year weekend must check-out Pinoy Eats World’s food-centric fair featuring an eclectic mix of food purveyors serving their unique specialties with an Asian twist.
In his newest show on cable TV, celebrity chef Jamie Oliver shows you how to create simple, delicious recipes crammed with flavor that can be delivered to the table in that magic quarter of an hour.
The Muslim-majority country’s mainstream media shy from references to pork and other foods objectionable to Islam, but blogs have helped spark a burger boom in a nation with sizeable ethnic Chinese and Indian communities.
If you’re looking for something new to taste for the coming Chinese New Year celebration, Baby Pat’s richly-filled ‘ensaimadas’ and the Mandarin Oriental’s sumptuous midnight ‘lauriat’ dinner are worthy choices.
Serendra will soon be a venue for finding authentic Japanese-style deep-fried pork cutlets as the first Saboten Tonkatsu Restaurant is scheduled to open there in April 2013.
An exciting exhibition comes to Manila featuring new technological inventions that are inspiring Spanish chefs to come up with new cooking techniques that are redefining their traditional dishes.
Enjoy a healthy yet festive alternative to heavy meat dishes with this classic seafood Spanish dish.
Bistek with all the hefty goodness of juicy and tender roast beef—made even more tender as it is slow-cooked in Uncle Cheffy’s famous brick oven.
Add sweetness to your next round of holiday entertaining with these easy-to-make festive cakes.
Are you looking forward to another year filled with Amazeball food? Here’s Manila Chowhound Cyrene de la Rosa’s top picks for some of this year’s best savory and sweet dishes.
- » Villar, Ejercito, Honasan proclaimed as senators after more than half of votes have been counted
- » Failure of polls in Lanao del Norte delayed proclamation of last three senators, Comelec chief says
- » Cynthia Villar, JV Ejercito, Gringo Honasan to be proclaimed as senators tonight, Comelec chief says
- » 1 soldier, 2 NPAs killed in Surigao del Norte clashes
- » AFP intel post may go to PMA Class '82 member
- » Palace asks Comelec to pay deputized teachers their honoraria
- » 175 COCs more to go, as Comelec adds 126; top rankings unchanged
- » Tail-end of cold front, ITCZ bring rains over PHL
- » 'It's OK for women to cry at work,' Facebook executive says
- » PHOTO | Cop apprehends sex worker during crackdown in Fujian, China
- » Bright red electric taxicabs hit the streets of Hong Kong
- » N. Korea fires short-range missiles
- » Three new suicides at Foxconn China factory: report
- » Strong 6.1 quake jolts Japan's northern coast
- » PHOTO | POTUS in a joint news conference at the White House
- » France legalizes same-sex marriage
- » Incumbent PSE board wins fresh mandate
- » Philippines eyes more agriculture exports to Singapore
- » Summer heat likely cut rice, corn harvest in 2Q, gov't says
- » PLDT, Samsung tie up for B2B market
- » Dole Philippines starts banana exports to US next month
- » PDIC sues rural bank ex-president for unsound, unsafe practices
- » AgriNurture spending P1 billion to expand banana plantation, cold storage facilities
- » ANALYSIS | Consumer stocks shine in emerging market profit gloom
- » MANUEL BUENCAMINO | Post-election round-up
- » MEL STA.MARIA | Mar Roxas could be president in 2016
- » JESSICA ZAFRA | Etiquette for social media
- » Elections 2013: Mapping the battleground provinces and cities
- » Meritocracy or elite democracy? An assessment of the 2013 senatorial bets
- » MARIE YUVIENCO | Has the Peter Principle caught up with Sixto Brillantes?
- » LOSING GROUND | How PH has handled Sabah, West Philippine Sea disputes over the years
- » MEL STA.MARIA | Comelec move to cap withdrawals is unconstitutional
- » ‘Walis-walis’ time? Alaska goes for the kill in Game Three against Ginebra
- » Ginebra coach Alfrancis Chua fined P10k for flashing dirty finger at Alaska officials, fans
- » Mark Caguioa challenges Ginebra teammates to play more aggressive, physical against Alaska
- » Ginebra needs adjustments to help struggling Vernon Macklin, says Mark Caguioa
- » ‘We’re not gonna give up’: Ginebra star Mark Caguioa keeps the faith despite 2-0 Alaska lead
- » From the stands, Tim Cone watches old team Alaska demolish Ginebra in Game Two of finals
- » Azkals to face Kyrgyzstan in June friendly
- » POLL | Who should win Commissioner’s Cup Best Player of the Conference?
- » Dump ‘foreign’ PCOS and go for local election tech in 2016, group urges Comelec
- » EU cites Chinese telecoms Huawei and ZTE for trade violations
- » Yahoo! Japan suspects 22 million IDs stolen
- » NEWSBYTES.PH | NetSuite touts record revenues, scoffs at software rivals
- » Facebook, Twitter apps come to Glass, Google’s wearable computer
- » EBay developers working on possible apps for Google Glass
- » ‘Evil’ Google criticized by British lawmaker
- » IBM BLUE GENE | The fastest supercomputer to reach Philippine shores
- » Smart offers fourth generation iPad with Wi-Fi and cellular
- » Visit museums for free on May 18, International Museum Day
- » IFEX 2013 | 10 unique Pinoy food finds, from frozen ‘turon’ to ‘bagoong’ powder
- » IFEX 2013 | Grand food show spotlights best of Philippine flavors and Asia’s ethnic foods
- » WEEKEND GUIDE | May 17 to 19: Grand food exhibit, rock concerts, and a super sale
- » CHOW BUZZ I Kagat Guide: Eat your way through Baguio
- » Sarah Jessica Parker opens SM Aura, donates to less fortunate in Taguig
- » ‘Mahal kow kayow!’ Vin Diesel fuels thrilled fans at ‘Fast and Furious 6′ premiere
- » POLL POSTCRIPT | May 13 exercise flunked standards for transparency, accountability - watchdog
- » ASEAN governments urged to plug loopholes in tobacco promo curbs
- » H1N1 virus found in marine mammals for first time
- » Mobile phone calls can cause blood pressure spikes
- » Scientists create human stem cells through cloning
- » May 17 is the International Day Against Homophobia
- » Angelina Jolie: from sex symbol to cancer crusader
- » Rubber boom fueling land grabs in Southeast Asia: report