Paolo Duterte accused of involvement in illegal drugs, this time by a ‘shady’ video

April 4, 2019 - 2:27 PM
2719
Paolo Duterte, Davao's Vice Mayor and son of President Rodrigo Duterte, testifies at a Senate hearing on drug smuggling in Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines, September 7, 2017. REUTERS/Erik De Castro

Former Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte and the Palace denounced a viral video alleging his involvement in the illegal narcotics trade anew ahead of the mid-term polls this May.

The six-minute video titled “Ang Totoong Narco List” made rounds across platforms early April. The original uploader of the video could not be immediately traced.

Duterte’s son Paolo, who is running for Davao city congressman, threw insults at a certain “J.S.”, whom he claimed to be the uploader of the video, and said the details on the clip were mere fabrication.

POLO DELTA – PAOLO DUTERTE? WOW ha kung makaimbento ka wagas. Galit ka kay Waldo kasi binabara niya lahat ng smuggling…

Posted by Vice Mayor Pulong Duterte – Official on Tuesday, April 2, 2019

“Wow ha kung makaimbento ka wagas. Galit ka kay Waldo kasi binabara niya lahat ng smuggling mo ng bigas at asukal diba J.S.,” he said on Facebook on April 3.

“Waldo” refers to Agriculture Undersecretary Waldo Carpio, the brother of lawyer Manases Carpio, whom in turn is the husband of Paolo’s sister Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.

“Galit ka sa akin kasi di kita pinansin sa eroplano kasi hambog ka! Ngayon pansinin na kita kasama ng kamay ko na kasing laki ng mukha mo pag nangyari yan. Yan ang totoong balita,” he added.

Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo also accused it as “black propaganda” against the president and his family.

“But just like the other false narratives against the President, it will not succeed as the overwhelming majority of the Filipino people trust his sincerity and fidelity to his duty as President in serving and protecting the citizenry as well as believe in his incorruptibility,” Panelo said.

Meanwhile, Police General Oscar Albayalde cautioned the electorate from believing such recordings on social media.

“Hindi natin alam kung ano ang gustong ipahayag n’yan at kung ano talaga motibo sa pagpapalabas ng video na ‘yan. Remember election po ngayon so maraming propaganda na lalabas at huwag po sana tayong maniwala basta-basta sa mga ganito,” Albayalde said.

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV previously accused that Paolo and his brother-in-law were involved in an extortion scheme from ride-hailing firms.

Trillanes further asserted that Paolo is part of a “triad” or an international crime syndicate and the proof is a “dragon-like” tattoo on his back.

A series of exposes

The video clip came from the YouTube channel “Ang Totoong Narco List.”

It currently has two episodes. The first episode, which was posted on April 1, was the one Paolo had reacted to.

It showed a certain “Bikoy,” who was introduced as a former member of the syndicate and decided to expose the supposed names of big-time drug operators in the country.

He claimed through a document called “TARA” that Paolo as the largest recipient of grease money from the illegal drug trade through the code names “POLODELTA-TSG01” and “ALPHA TIERRA-0029.” Meanwhile, the agriculture undersecretary was said to be a “dummy” in the transactions.

The “TARA” is a supposed internal document where the monthly allocations of the principals or drug lords are recorded.

Bikoy also talked about Paolo’s supposed dragon tattoo similar to Trillanes’ statement.

The second episode was uploaded on April 4. In the episode, Bikoy mentioned another code whom he perceived must have close ties with the Duterte family or a relative.

The narrator in the clip said that there will be more big-time drug operators to be revealed in the next episodes.