Police team leader in Mandaluyong shooting surfaces at NCRPO

January 4, 2018 - 1:06 PM
3779
The shot up vehicle in the Mandaluyong incident. (file)

MANILA, Philippines — The team leader of the Mandaluyong police personnel who figured in the shooting that killed two persons and wounded two others on December 28 surfaced at the National Capital Region Police Office in Taguig City on Wednesday.

This was announced by PNP Director General Ronald Dela Rosa Radyo Pilipinas reported.

Senior Inspector Maria Cristina Vasquez had been declared absent without official leave since December 30.

Dela Rosa said Vasquez and the nine other police officers involved in the incident will be placed under restrictive custody while the case is being investigated.

The nine are:

  • PO1 Alfred Uribe
  • PO2 Nel Lemuel Songalia
  • PO1 Jave Arellano
  • PO1 Tito Danao
  • PO1 Mark Castillo
  • PO1 Julius Libuen
  • PO1 Bryan Nicolas
  • PO1 Albert Buwag
  • PO1 Kim Ruford Tibunsay

Acting Mandaluyong police chief Senior Superintendent Moises Villaceran has also been relieved from his post over the incident at the corner of Wack-Wack and Shaw Boulevard the night of December 28 when the police officers fired on a Mitsubishi Adventure rushing a woman wounded in an earlier shooting to a hospital.

Police said the officers had been fed wrong information by barangay tanod who told them the passengers in the vehicle were the gunmen who shot the woman, Jonalyn Ambaon, who died along with one of the men helping her.

Among the two wounded was her boyfriend.