Interior Secretary Roxas II said the Election Day incident involving the failed bid of lawmen to search the house of Senator Revilla Jr. for guns and armed men was a legitimate police operation to enforce a Comelec gun ban.
The National Board of Canvassers on Monday night suspended the canvassing of votes for partylist groups. This was after the NBOC tallied 110 certificates of canvass covering over 39 million votes.
The quixotic attempt of movie celebrity Aga Muhlach to create a dent in the stronghold of the 105-year-old Fuentebella political dynasty in Camarines Sur nearly succeeded as he had been ahead in the vote count for a time.
The Garcia family, which held power at the Cebu Capitol over the last 18 years, has lost control of the province after lawyer Hilario Davide III won over Rep. Pablo John Garcia (Cebu, third district) in the May 13 elections.
Commission on Elections Chairman Sixto Brillantes is urging Congress to pass a measure that will postpone the October 2013 barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections to next year or early 2015.
A militant peasant group on Monday questioned the Department of Budget and Management for leaving out Quezon and Laguna in the priority provinces to be funded by the coco levy.
(UPDATED 6:38 p.m.) The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) has restricted the access to its special deposit accounts (SDAs), saying only trust accounts and unit investment trust funds (UITFs) can park and earn interest from these instruments.
Man is in deep crisis, Pope Francis told a huge crowd of faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square for an evening vigil on Saturday, May 18.