MANILA – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is on “Undas” footing, serving notice that starting Friday (October 27), it will step up its clean-up drive in some public and private cemeteries and memorial parks in Metro Manila as the nation prepares to observe All Saints’ Day on November 1.
At least 2,886 personnel – traffic enforcers and augmentation teams – will be deployed once “Oplan Undas” is activated starting October 27 until November 2, MMDA Chairman Danilo Lim said.
“No day off, no absent policy will be strictly enforced among our personnel,” Lim said.
MMDA’s Metro Parkway Clearing Group (MPCG) are being fielded to clean up cemeteries in the metropolis before and after the Undas holidays.
MPCG personnel will be fielded in these cemeteries:
· Caloocan City – North Cemetery, La Loma Cemetery
· Las Piñas City – Golden Heaven Cemetery
· Makati- Makati South Cemetery
· Malabon City – Tugatog Cemetery
· Mandaluyong City – Mandaluyong Cemetery (Aglipay), San Felipe Neri Catholic Cemetery (semi-public)
· Manila City – North Cemetery, Manila North Green Park (City Shape)
· Marikina City – Barangka Cemetery
· Muntinlupa City – Soldiers Hill Cemetery
· Navotas- Navotas Cemetery
· Parañaque City – Palanyag Public Cemetery
· Pasay City – Sargento Mariano Public Cemetery
· Pasig City – Baraks, Santolan, Roman Catholic Cemetery
· Pateros – Garden Memories (Bagong Calzada St.), Aglipay Cemetery (M. Lozada Street), San Joaquin Cemetery (M. Almeda Street), San Roque Cemetery (E. Hermosa Street)
· Quezon City – Bagbag, Novaliches, Sangandaan
· San Juan City – San Juan Cemetery
· Taguig City – Hagonoy Municipal Cemetery
· Valenzuela City – Arkong Bato, Karuhatan Cemetery
Besides the clean-up operations, the Road Emergency Group (REG) will set-up tents to serve as public assistance centers with ambulances on standby in Manila North Cemetery, South Cemetery, Loyola Memorial Park in Marikina City and San Juan Public Cemetery for medical emergencies.
The agency will also dispatch members of the Reckless Driving Enforcement Team, Anti-Jaywalking Unit and Sidewalk Clearing Operations Group at the following bus terminals: Araneta, Cubao, EDSA, Pasay-Taft, Sampaloc, Dangwa and Mindanao Avenue, as authorities expect a surge of passengers seeking to pay respects to their loved ones buried in the provinces.